3. Independence of the Seas
Overall, this turned out to be an OK cruise. The destinations were ones we had been to many times, but new to the family we traveled with. Embarkation was a breeze, helpful that we were in a Jr. Suite & that all 10 of us came in at the same time. We need 3 wheelchairs, they were readily available. Our cabin steward was "johnny on the spot" the whole cruise. My kids/grand kids were well taken care of every place we went. Although the food offerings for small children weren't what I would call healthy and the variety was poor. The kids program though for the 3-5 yr olds was the highlight of my granddaughter. Unfortunately, the one for the 2 1/2 yr old wasn't as accessible, had to have a parent/guardian unless it was all out and out babysitting. Luckily, our cruise the week before Easter wasn't as packed w/college kids as I thought, but there was a large contingent, mostly behaved. The food as a whole has declined in the few years since I traveled on RCCL. The portions are much smaller, some nights better than others. The Caesar Salad was disgusting. RCCL needs to rethink that one. The other huge blunder is their "prime rib". Inedible, thin and seasoning almost non-existent. The waiter was fabulous though, his busboy, not so. The other problem were the wine prices and the variety offered. Way too high and way too small. Loved Labadee, but agree w/other critics that there isn't much for little ones to do. They also need to extend the lunch BBQ & offer a better variety of drinks. My other HUGE complaint is the charge for lockers, $8.00 for each small space is an outrage. Charges for lockers at other places, (train stations, etc) are much lower. Also the charges for the drinks....way, way over the top & the bars were not stocked appropriately. But did appreciate the wheelchairs for the beach. and the tram system. All in all, I would rate this cruise about a 7 or 8. But not for the food.

Family cruise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by ledmom69

But did appreciate the wheelchairs for the beach. and the tram system.
All in all, I would rate this cruise about a 7 or 8. But not for the food.
ledmom69’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was nicely situated. Close enough to stairs/elevators. Only 2 floors below the buffet restaurant. Had more than enough storage. The bedding was very comfortable. It would have been nice to have had a 2nd tv in the sitting area. Bathroom was large and efficient. Loved having a tub. Balcony was large enough for the 2 of us.
  Independence of the Seas Deck Plans