We just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Ryndam. The weather was cooler than I'd hoped it to be, so my pool time(sunbathing) was limited. Had a little trouble getting a server by the tables to use the coke card. Towels by the pool were plentiful but some days a chair was hard to come by. Enjoyed the ports of call. You might say there was something for everyone. A good mix of ports. Our cabin stewards had a lot of rooms to tend to. Maybe this is why they never changed the sheets on the entire cruise. The mattress pad kept slipping and I'd wake up to a bunched up sheet under me. Uncomfortable! We tried to see several of the shows but ended up walking out. I did get to see Droom in its entirety. And I saw the Farewell show. The first night, the rocky motion caused me to be sick. My DH went to the shops where they charged $8.00 for a pkg of Bonine. I found out later, they were free at the medical center on 4. It would have been a courtesy to tell us. It makes me think all they care about is making a few extra dollars! We needed help with a security issue but the front desk was polite but NOT HELPFUL. LASTLY, service in the D.R. was extremely slow. A cup of coffee or a glass of iced tea would only be refilled if you caught the waiter's attention and asked for a refill. Same with the bread and butter. They did not offer steak sauce, etc., unless you asked. That should have been offered automatically. After 3 nights, we gave up and ate in the Lido.

Not What I Expected

Rates
Ages 10 to 12

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin E 848
Deck A, right above the boiler room (?). The door next us said crew only. We were at the extreme end of the hallway aft. VERY NOISY, especially when the anchor was being lowered. Small room. The weather made for a rocky trip and our beds, and us, were shaking with the movement. We were glad when the motion settled down.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins