3. Navigator of the Seas
The Navigator of the Seas is showing her age! Our cabin was missing the wood cap on the balcony railing and in the casino some of light strips were being held on with tie-wraps and tape. Carpet was worn and torn in several areas, the TV's must have been the original ones installed when the ship was built 11 years ago. The bathroom walls had rust breaking through the paint. I wish that I could share some of my photos in this review. The embarkation process went very smoothly once we got to the port from the airport. We used RCL's transfer service and found ourselves having to wait for 45 minutes before they allowed us to board the bus. I will NEVER use this service again. Getting off the ship at our first stop in Jamaica was a nightmare. Once they gave the word that we could get off the ship it was at least 50 minutes before we reached the gangway....terrible crowd control BUT that was the only time! Other days it went much smoother. Debarkation back in New Orleans went very smoothly for us, we took a New Orleans City Tour and for our son and his family when left the ship during the self-assist time. Okay that's the bad stuff! But that really didn't prevent us from having a great cruise on RCL overall. We liked the room and the location. The buffet food was good (not great) and the meals in the dining room were very good. We enjoyed the activities and entertainment. Our grand kids (ages 9-14) enjoyed the activities provided for the kids. The best part of this cruise was the service. This was cruise #17 or #18 for us and I can honestly say that this was the best service that we have ever experienced. The waitstaff in the Nut Cracker was fantastic (Ivor and Kiara) and our cabin steward, Norma Cash, are real assets to RCL. I would recommend RCL to everyone, maybe a newer ship! We already have an eight-day cruise planned for November on Carnival but we will be back cruising on RCL soon.

RCL Navigator of the Seas

Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E2 6298
The Navigator of the Seas is showing her age! Our cabin was missing the wood cap on the balcony railing. Carpet was worn and the TV's must have been the original ones installed when the ship was built 11 years ago. The bathroom walls had rust breaking through the paint. I wish that I could share some of my photos in this review.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    No problems here except my daughter-in-law and oldest grandson got seasick on the ferry to the mainland...rough seas!
    View All 312 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Falmouth
    We took the bobsled & Dunn's River Falls tour. I have been on both before but it was the first time for my son and his family. We had a problem getting a place to sit at the restaurant at the bobsled place, not because it was too crowded but because of extremely poor service. It ended up with the manager getting involved and one employee possibly being fired. But the chair-lift & bobsled are fun.

Dunn's River Falls was fun for the family but the vendors are VERY aggressive. I had one vendor shake my had then try to drag me to his shop.

It's like I have said for years, the people of Jamaica hate American tourist.
    View All 1,151 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Falmouth Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    Cancelled because of bad weather.
    View All 540 Stingray Swim Reviews