3. Mariner of the Seas
I enjoyed the time spent in Galveston, and I have to say the good folks of Southeast Texas provided a great deal of hospitality. Thanks, kindly. On the other hand, the Port of Galveston was a hot mess. For real, people, there should be some type of authority from the great state of Texas accountable for the lack of crowd management. Is this where FEMA directors retire? Seriously, the Port of Galveston requires serious evaluation of their inefficient expediting of passengers to/fro ships. [I won't depart from Galveston on my next cruise--I hear New Orleans is more efficient] Once aboard and assigned my sea pass card, there was no looking back: GOOD TIMES! I opted for the heavy-drinker "premium" drink package, and I have no apologies or regrets. I don't typically drink alcohol and was a little concerned I would be wasting money; but the convenience of having whatever cocktail at whatever time was well worth the expen$e. Bloody-Mary's. G&T. Pomegranate martinis. Every possible daiquiri. SNAKEBITES. Drinks of the day. I ordered it all, and drank most of it :) Also, I might add, the bar-keeps were a hoot and very talented; and the lounges/bars were comfortably arranged and varied in atmosphere. Spent plenty of time on my balcony reading a great novel and enjoying the sea. The waters of the Caribbean are glorious, and I'm glad I booked a suite with a balcony. The stateroom was adequate and accommodated myself and my nephew with ease. My 14-year-old nephew, btw, had a grand ol' time. At breakfast the first morning, he informed me he had made plans to hang with his new buds in the 'living-room.' I saw him mostly for meals, but he was content hanging out in the spaces the cruise staff had arranged for young folks; and he gave them high marks for their efforts. Interesting art displayed aboard the ship. The casino was always a good time & the black-jack tables were good to me :) FOOD: Windjammer buffet was consistently fresh and tasty. The California rolls were rockin' and the scrambled eggs were off the chain! However, the midnight burger with grilled onions was bomb. Chops was good, and the server was superb. Giovanni's Table was okay. The hot-dog stand was a good find. :) MMMMmmmmmmmmm. I'd do it again!

Mariner WestCaribbean Mar2013

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Daintyphatman

• Sail Date: March 2013
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Interesting art displayed aboard the ship.

The casino was always a good time & the black-jack tables were good to me :)

I'd do it again!