3. Explorer of the Seas
We went on our 3rd cruise with RC on Explorer of the Seas. Happy to go out of NJ, as we had no airfare. Easy check in process and boarding. The grand suite was perfect for my husband and 2 kids ages 14 and 15. Seas were rough the first two days, had to get patches from our friends. Definitely bring some just in case. I never get seasick, but I did this time. WE really glad to get to our first part! Our cruise director Richard and activity manager Chris were the best! Nonstop laughs and fun! Shows were amazing and comedians were hilarious. Would recommend the Behind the Scenes tour of the theater. Very interesting and got to meet the RC singers and dancers. Dominican is very poor, but beautiful. We did the Jeep 4x4 excursion. Lot of fun and learned about the fruits and coffee of the island. Very bad bathroom facilities on the tour tho and don't buy the cigars! They reel you in by letting you smoke a real one, but once my husband bought the sealed box and got it back to the ship, realized they were fake and had to throw them away. Waste of $40. This is not a great cruise for young people. I had never seen so many wheelchairs and scooters in my life! A lot of elderly folks and it was slow moving at times on the ship. My kids were a bit disappointed in that. Windjammer cafe was very crowded because of the elderly. Very hard to find seating with all the wheelchairs and scooters. Loved our room attendant and dining room staff. They catered to our every need.Definitely go with a set time to eat in the dining room. We had 8:30 pm which gave us all day to do stuff and then eat later. Love Royal and cannot wait for our next cruise!

Our Explorer cruise 2013!

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by melissa07

Love Royal and cannot wait for our next cruise!
melissa07’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 1556
Need bigger hooks for towels and bigger towels. Great spot, close to elevator. Another comforter needed for kids on sleeper sofa. Loved the robes! Tv didn't always work, trying to turn on and off.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins