3. Carnival Valor
Thirty of us planned a Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Valor. I am a gold member, so I have been on Carnival several times. We chose the Valor because of the itinerary and it was not a disappointment. However, the service in the Washington Lower dining room was another story. Apparently Carnival has cut back half of the dining staff for whatever reason. The service was horrible. Normally by the second night, the staff remembered what you drank and had it at the table soon after arriving without being asked. This time however, you would have to remind them 2 or 3 times to bring ice tea, milk or whatever. We were always the last to receive our food and half the time is was wrong. The cabin steward was great and the drink waiters were abundant, but I guess the dining room service is no longer important. Normally we don't do excursions promoted by the cruise line, but this time we did the Pigeon Island kayak excursion form Carnival. This was one of the worst excursions I have ever had the pleasure of taking. Needless to say, this won't happen again. There will have to be a lot of changes before I consider taking another Carnival Cruise.

Carnival Valor service dissappointment