Our second Oceania Cruise, same ship, Marina. We were on Marina when it was first introduced, new. However, for some reason this cruise seemed different. The staff were not as friendly as previous, a little down perhaps, but they still took care of all our concerns. After cruising with Oceania the first time I loved it more after Azamara. For some reason, I think I like Azamara for the little things. Oceania is however a very luxurious ship and we enjoyed the Happy Hours. We did not however enjoy some of the ports in Fiji. We thought that they had cut back and picked these ports that were depressing and ugly. We chose this itinerary because we wanted to visit Fiji. We are also disappointed that our ship anchored elsewhere in Vanatua (if I am spelling that correctly) whereas another ship was anchored at Champagne Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. So we had to get a taxi from the other side of the island to visit this magical place. The ships dining was superb but we found Red Ginger was not as good as the first cruise, there was way too much sauce on the entree. And Toscana was very salty. Talking to fellow passengers they all felt the same. There is no smoking in the cabins but I know that someone close to us was smoking either in the cabin or on the veranda. I wondered how much they paid their room steward to keep a closed mouth. Embarkation was a nightmare, for some reason we were able to board as visitors while the previous cruise passengers were still onboard. It was crazy! However, disembarkation was much better. We made our own tour arrangements off ship, outside the port for a fraction of the cost of the cruise. Since our departing flight was not until late in the evening for the same price as the cruises transfers we booked a private day tour and they even took us to the airport with our luggage. We also liked the fact that we could bring liquor, beer and wine onboard to enjoy in our cabin.

Awesome Cruise

sparklerod’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1 8130
We were towards the back, in between the middle. Very quiet as other cabins closer to middle seemed noisy due to engines. Nice sized balcony, great bath tub for bathing. Bed was comfortable and the room temperature was perfect. Plenty of hangers and closet space and drawers. There were times however that the room had a damp smell, we could not figure out where it was coming from. Some of the public areas had the slight odor as well.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins