• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2013
Cabin: Interior

We booked this cruise about 13 months in advance when there were 4 port stops. A few months after booking they removed Costa Maya as a port without ever giving a good reason. Regardless it was the only time that worked for the friends we went with so the reservation stayed.

Boarding was easy enough. We probably showed up around noon and the lines weren't long at all considering it was Spring Break. The ship itself is pretty similar to the past 2 ships we've cruised on if not a bit smaller. I don't think the piazza was as nice as our RC ship. We had an interior room and it was small in typical cruise ship fashion. We moved around a night stand, table and our bed to open up some space.

Some positives of Princess:

Interior

Port Reviews

Roatan

Roatan offers a lot of options in an area I feel is farily safe. Great snorkeling options as well as beaches.

We've been here twice and always enjoy the available excursions through the cruise line but there are many great ones outside the cruise lines if you check out other sites.

Belize City

I'm not a fan of Belize. Everything exciting seems to be far away from the stop. I wouldn't venture out of Belize port very far without an excursion booked. Tendering seems to waste valuable time.

They have great snorkeling but so does Honduras and Cozumel. I'd like to see cruise lines start shuffling in a different port instead of Belize as I could go back to Honduras and Cozumel a few more times but Belize is a wasted stop for me.

previous reviewnext review