3. Celebrity Equinox
My wife has a life long fear of water, and hates long flights , so it was great that I was able to persuade her to cruise the Caribbean. The ship was a modern work of engineering skill, and was well equipped. The staff were attentive and Celebrity took sickness seriously with cleansing staff at all restaurant entrances with their hand cleansers. We visited St Thomas,St Kitts & Nevis Barbados Dominica & St Martin. Of those Of those only Barbados and St Martin would stay with me to revisit.The others (in my humble opinion ) were a waste of time. A lot of time effort went into getting passengers to places to buy Diamonds and emeralds on the ship and in the ports, in fact the first stop must have had at least 300 jewelry outlets, if that is the culture of the Carribean I have been misled in its history. The food on the Ship was excellent in the main dining room and good in the various cafes. Water was $ 2.80 for a small bottle + 15% Gratuities Photo $50 + Gratuities etc, at times the main walkways looked like Petticoat Lane with fairly tacky goods piled on tables, not wahat I expected at all. Entertainment was passable, the troupe tried hard but some of the acts were not up to scratch (in my humble opinion). I have had holidays in over 20 countries, mostly Europe and Africa and am able to compare facilities, and I felt that the experience provided by some of the non restaurant staff left a lot to be desired and did not live up to the ship.

Cruising just isn`t for me, or maybe I was unlucky.

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by VICTOR MATURE

The ship was a modern work of engineering skill, and was well equipped.
VICTOR MATURE’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1B 9127
Cabin was fine,attendant was excellent. When washing the balcony above ,please check the balcony below as we were drenched once, not really very funny.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    An excellent tour, excellent guide went to places no other tours went to ( local in laws etc organised) Saw a lot of the island ,loved it, will go back.
    View All 97 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island tour
    What an awful place, deep drains everywhere, broken light bulbs, telephone boxes
    sullen staff in shops, electrical cables sticking up out of the tarmac on street corners. The island was a true volcanic island and we visited a live " Vent" and the waterfalls and the beaches. That was good but when we returned to the town couldn`t wait to get on to the ship.
    View All 55 Island tour Reviews
  • Island tour
    A young man gave us arunning commentary of life there, which was good and illuminating, poverty was awful almost everywhere but the island still had its own raw beauty.
    View All 203 Island tour Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    A very clean civilised place good facilities and shops very welcoming, a nice ambience, people were polite and friendly and I came away wanting to return. The whole island experience was good including the tour.
    View All 4,132 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    We decide to walk and explore the main town but my Video shows hundreds of Jewelry shops which was a shock to the system, not at all what we expected and felt we were running a gauntlet. Nothing was priced and ther were lots of OFFERS.
    The town itself was o.k. but a long way from the port a 15 min walk or a taxi.
    View All 4,101 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews