3. Brilliance of the Seas
This was my 10th cruise on RCI. I have to say the last few years I had been finding that the service was not what it used to be but on this cruise this cruise was not the case. We had the BEST dining room service that we have had in years. Our waiter and assistant waiter went beyond what was expected and regularly told us if we were not happy to let them know right away as they wanted to meet our expectations! The Brilliance is due to go into dry dock for some serious renovations. I have been on ships due for dry dock before and I was quite worried when I found out this one was going in soon. I was on Grandeur years ago and it was a total disaster. I again was surprised to find the ship was still in over all very good condition and clean. Much of the furniture is showing it's age and needing to be replaced but other than that no complaints. We did hear of some plumbing problems on the ship and we did have a short period where our toilet didn't work but it was quickly resolved. The crew is doing a great job keeping the ship up. It seems that when they designed this ship they also did an amazing job of using the space on it compared to some of the other ships we have been on. Over all we were very happy with this cruise and can't wait for the next one!!

Brilliance

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by davek603

• Sail Date: February 2013
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Outside View Stateroom with Balcony

Over all we were very happy with this cruise and can't wait for the next one!!
davek603’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Outside View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1
Best cabin we ever had on RCI. Loved the darker wood work and cabin seemed to have extra storage such as shelves down the center of the closet.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Jeep 4X4 Adventure
    We took the 4x4 tour to the caves. The driver (Jr Johnson... yes his real name) was excellent and made the tour what it was!
    View All 32 Jeep 4X4 Adventure Reviews
  • Guadeloupe
    Beautiful island if you get out of the ghetto city where you get off the ship. Be prepared unlike other islands they are going to price everything in euro's. We took a cab ride which we were told would be 80 dollars and when we got back were told no no that is euro's which turned into 120 US. Also be prepared that almost no one we ran into spoke english, it's all french.
    View All 72 Guadeloupe Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Guadeloupe Cruise Port Review
  • Scenic Railway
    St Kitt's has little to do on it so be prepared. We did enjoy the scenic rail and learned alot of history of the island. Some we spoke to didn't think it was worth the money but in light of our options we enjoyed it.
    View All 180 Scenic Railway Reviews