As I have been asked to do every time I visited this forum I now offer my review of our first cruise with P&O. To set the scene, as it were, we are as couple in our mid to late 70's. One us us has very poor mobility and needs a wheelchair outside of the cabin. We had a balcony cabin mid ship on C deck. More floor space would be nice if only to allow for the provision of a second chair. The narrow entry door also meant assembling then re-folding a substantial electric wheelchair every time we left or returned to the cabin. We were previously aware of this so not complaining and have booked a disabled cabin for next year. Cabin quite well presented an we were well looked after by our steward Edwin. We enjoyed the dining experience in the Adriatic Restaurant having fixed dining at 8.30 PM. The other six passengers on our table for eight were delightful fellow diners & we had entertaining conversation and laughter at every meal. We also seemed to be the only group who sang at the table including "we'll meet again" on our final evening. The food, I thought it was excellent. Never thought of Brussels sprout soup and one or two other items but the menu always had something that appealed, was of good quality, not large but ample portions and always well presented. Waiter service very very good thanks to Brian & Bishan. Overall we are not into the "entertainment" so did not go to any of the shows or use the Casino. Our dining companions did however speak highly of the entertainment and standard of the performers engaged which included a classical/popular pianist. Of the daytime activities my wife particularly liked the card making and water colour painting classes and I enjoyed the photography instruction. I heard P&O may drop the painting ! all I can say is that they were well attended with group sizes at a maximum for the subject and urge P&O to retain them. Overall a great cruise, some concerns about on board and tour provisions for the disabled ! some of which could be improved

Jolly good

Oceana Cruise Review by oldfella73

oldfella73’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony Stateroom with Shower
Cabin JB C531
Cabin reasonably appointed but strangely only one chair provided in a two berth cabin. Wonder if balcony idea is overrated and extra space inside might be better ?
  Oceana Deck Plans