3. Norwegian Jade
The Jade is a really nice, clean and friendly ship. I have not been on NCL since the Norway was sailing, so it was nice to see what NCL had been up to with all this Freestyle Cruising concept. Embarkation was really nice and easy - no problem at at all. The ports were great - a great itinerary and LOTS to see, do and explore! In all the ports we booked shore excursions with NCL - they were all good and I felt worth the money, except for the Highlights of Rome Tour with Transfer to the Airport that we took at the end. The tour did not fit the description at all. I booked it because I thought the luggage handling would be easy, which it was not. It was not horrible, but I definitely would not recommend this tour. Let me say this - I was pretty nervous about booking with NCL. I am not a big fan of "Freestyle" dining. I have been on several cruises with unassigned dining and found it to be quite lacking in service and a lot of passengers in and out of the dining rooms making a dinner more a kin to a quick meal at Grand Central Station than something to be savoured. For this reason, we ate most all of our meals in the smaller specialty restaurants and I found this to be a great option for me. We did eat a couple of times in the Grand Pacific Dining room, and had good experiences there as well, but I preferred the alternate restaurants. One of the things I like about cruising is that you meet and see all kinds of people from all over the world. This was no exception on the Jade and it was great to see and meet folks from all over the world on this ship. I also took the behind the scenes tour of the ship, which was 50.00 - well worth it and very interesting. We had a owners suite, which was really, really nice. Our Butler, Jason was GREAT - very friendly and always smiling. The Haven was a nice retreat, but we really did not use it a lot - I like my sea views! I will always have fond memories of this trip - AMAZING destinations, a BEAUTIFUL ship to take us there and a great crew and staff who were always smiling and making us feel at home. Washi-Washi!

A great time on the Jade!

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by mandalay_purser

• Sail Date: February 2013
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

Embarkation was really nice and easy - no problem at at all.

mandalay_purser’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin H3 9004
9004 was great - 2 balconies, 2 bathrooms and beautifully appointed. We had no complaints. If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me ...
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins