3. Ocean Princess
I found this website very helpful while planning my Honeymoon. Some of the information was not as accurate as I had hoped so I wanted to clarify a few details. A quick read through the list of reviews will give anyone a good idea of what to expect from this cruise. However, the reader will need a point of reference to judge the subjective opinion of the cruiser. I found it important to look at how many cruises & what cruise lines the review writer has been on. For my wife and I, this honeymoon cruise was our 5th. We have been on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Disney & Carnival. I read that many reviews mentioned that the staterooms were "big". My wife & I had a Balcony room & found this to be absolutely not true! The rooms are no bigger or smaller than any other Balcony room we have stayed in. We normally upgrade to a Balcony but not a suite when we cruise so I feel that our opinion is more accurate because we always get the same category of room. The food was no better, and if anything, our least favorite of all the cruises we have been on. There was not one meal that we thought was any better than basic cafeteria food. We ate at every possible location for every meal to "try" everything. The bread and baked goods were fine but tasted like "day old". The Pizza and Hamburgers were bland. Even the Ice cream tasted "cheep"! But, the biggest (scam, frustration, business decision ... I can't decide on the adjective!) were the drinks. I may be exaggerating but I felt like I had a choice of Water, Orange juice, Cranberry juice, coffee or tea - only during meals & then only Water, Coffee & Tea outside of meal hours. I bought the "coke" card. I got the smallest glass, filled with ice and a tablespoon of coke in it. I asked for a can. A can is not included in the "Coke Card" deal. I would have to stand at the bar asking for a refill nonstop for an hour to get the equivalent of a can of coke. I did not want to give up that much time re-filling my glass so I bought a can. The coffee on the other hand is the worst I have ever tasted! Never hot and always terrible! It did not matter if it was morning noon or night the coffee was consistently horrible! If I walked around the corner to the coffee bar & purchased a coffee; that tasted great! We ate at the "specialty" restaurants (where you have to pay a basic fee per person - I can't remember... maybe $20 per person?) and found that the food was marginally better, kind of like the quality of a good Denny's. Nothing wrong with the food or the service just not memorable. My wife & I coined a new "catch phrase" while on this cruise... When we get up a leave the table we look at each other & ask ... was that worth the calories?? Neither of us answered yes all cruise long! The last "issue" I had with other reviews (that I though was inaccurate) relates to the comfort of the boat. In other words how smooth the cruise was. This is a VERY subjective area because some people get motion sick very easily & others not at all! I even had debates with other cruisers during the cruise about this issue. I thought the boat (wobbled, rocked, bobbed, moved... you pick the adjective!) too much. Some of my fellow cruisers though I was being a baby! Can you imagine the conversation (debate) - "You think this is rough... you have not seen rough! The last cruise I was on...blah, blah, blah" Do you get the picture? Let's just say that the boat was rocking enough so that you could not walk down the hallway straight and when I looked at the ocean there was not a single white cap!! Every time I looked overboard; no white caps!! A beautiful smooth Ocean and yet this little boat rocks like crazy!! Glasses don't go flying of your dinner table or anything like that it is just rough enough to make a person (especially a queasy person) very uncomfortable & it got irritating! My post script (PS) "issue" is with any review that mentions money!! That is the most subjective topic of all. Tahiti is expensive!! PERIOD!! Don't go if money is tight because you won't have a good time & you will end up writing a review full off cliches & comments focusing on your interpretation of "value received for dollars spent". It is not only expensive it is ridiculously expensive at times - OK? Understand? Tahiti = expensive. This Princess cruise is the cheapest way to see where Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman holiday. I won't bother telling you that I did Marc's tour or Bruno's tour & don't miss the children of Rataia etc, etc. This board is full of that information & I found no "issue" with those recommendations. Most of them are very informative & helpful so you don't need me to repeat all that information. I want to close by saying to anyone who has not been to Tahiti (see financial comments above) that the people are great, the lagoons are like nothing you will ever see in your life & that there IS something "magical" about this place, so if you can swing it, GO!

Tahitian Princess - South Pacific