3. Crown Princess
This was my first cruise and I LOVED it! We paid $900 each for a Balcony cabin on Riviera deck. The Brooklyn terminal was easy to get to, easy to navigate through, and easy to park at ($18 per day). The ship itself is gorgeous! Bright, elegantly decorated, with tons of open spaces. The staff were personable and the service was fantastic. We felt as if we were at a five star resort! Movies Under the Stars was really cool. The staff come around with popcorn and blankets and you can watch first run movies and star gaze at the same time. The Terrace Pool is the hidden gem. Our room was right near the pool and we enjoyed beautiful views of the sea while avoiding the noise and chaos of the main pools. Every night after dinner, we'd relax in the hot tub located above the terrace pool. The other passengers were really nice and down to earth and was made up by honeymooners, empty nesters, and active seniors. Age was not a factor - everyone was friendly. I wouldn't recommend this cruise for singles in their 20s looking for a parry ship. Lots of partying, but not wild. The food was okay. The buffet got a little funky as the cruise went on but the dining rooms were nice. We had anytime dining. The poolside pizza was surprisingly good as was the Trident Grill. Crown Grill was great too, but $25 a person. It was worth it! There was no need to go on an excursion at Grand Turk - there's a nice beach and pool within walking distance. Everyone who walked up Dunn's Falls at Ocho Rios had a good time (very strenuous - you must be in good shape). At Grand Cayman, you MUST do the reef / sting ray snorkel. Fabulous! If I had to say something negative about the cruise, it would be that there was no clock in the room and the coffee cups were too small. Now I know to pack an alarm clock and my travel mug along with my bathing suit and suntan lotion! I LOVED this cruise - the ship - the staff - EVERYTHING!!! I give it a 5+++ stars!

Crown Princess - Eastern Caribbean