3. Radiance of the Seas
It was our first time on Royal Caribbean. I've cruised Holland and Carnival and had high expectations for Radiance of the Seas. We spent a long day traveling, had mechanical problems which caused us to be late to the ship, however, they held it as there were about 50 people on board that were due to be on that ship. Once in Anchorage, I learned that Alaska Air had lost my luggage and would not be able to get it to the ship on time. Therefore, I had to wait three days for my luggage. I found the guest relations desk to be extraordinarily complacent when checking in with them as to the the status of my luggage as it was to be delivered to their facility in Skagway. I received nothing but a toothbrush from them and was told continually that their luggage supervisor was unavailable. I missed the first formal night, but nothing was going to ruin this trip. We boarded the ship with no problems because everyone was already on board waiting for our group. However, we were informed that the prior cruise had had an outbreak of the Norovirus and that the ship was under "Code Red" procedures. At least 5 times a day the captain reminded us all to wash our hands. By the end of the cruise only about 50 people had become ill. The positives. The ship was the most beautiful I've seen. First class all the way and the ports were gorgeous. CHOPS restaurant was the best food I've ever had in my life. Well worth the $20.00. The negatives. This was the last cruise for Alaska and you could tell the crew was already on vacation. The customer service from the room attendants to the dining room was horrible. They were rude and could have cared less that anyone was in need of service. The bartenders were okay, however, they were short on Patron tequila and as we found out later, it was because they themselves were drinking it. We personally saw two of the bartenders salt a lime, grab a bottle and walk in the back. Our favorite bartender was so drunk one day that he couldn't see straight and took a nap behind the bar. There was absolutely zero supervision on board for the crew. The dining room dinners were good. The breakfast was the worst anyone on board had had before. Nothing but complaints. The shows were good. However, we live in Vegas so our perspective is different. Departing the ship. Our plane left at 2:00. We were told to be ready by 8:00 a.m. As we found out, it was necessary. We were driven to the airport and THREE hours later, our group's luggage arrived. We ran to the check in line, and made it on time. There were only three Air Canada agents working and I guarantee that 50% of the people did not make their flights that day. I would recommend Alaska and the ship, but hopefully they've changed the crew!

Radiance of the Seas - Alaska

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by vegasannie

• Sail Date: September 2006
  • Destination: Alaska
The shows were good. However, we live in Vegas so our perspective is different.
I would recommend Alaska and the ship, but hopefully they've changed the crew!
vegasannie’s Full Rating Summary