3. Oosterdam
Oosterdam- Sept 2006 What a wonderful ship. It is only 3 yrs old and a Spotless ship. This was our first cruise. All that I had read about HA I wanted to be pampered and they are the company for that. We had a balcony room in the Aft. Great views, would not cruise without a balcony room it was worth the extra money. We spoke to some people that did not have a window or just small window. They did not have the same experience as waking up with the wonderful views, We did not have to leave our room for the glacier viewing! Beautiful sunsets and sun rises. Our room steward was great. Room always clean, would get you anything you needed.( and that was not much) HA sees to ALL your needs. Bed slept like a dream. Bathroom was very big tub and shower. plenty of outlets in room. Meals- All dinning was VERY good. We ate at all the dinning options! We did have a soda card provided by TA. We didn't just eat we grazed! HA has the ability to make you feel like they have know you for ever. EVERY staff member. Photos were great. 20.95 per picture first cruise get some no regrets. Get people. Spa experience as top line. The young ladies do try to sell some items but if you just tell you no or you need to think about it they understand. I was not pressured. Took 2 spa days. Thermo pool, scalp massage, just was treated very well. Not to crowed. Did take advantage of specials. Bingo always fun, shows and entertainment good. If you get board on this ship you are just a boring person. Ship is very clean and beautiful! Staff deserves praise. They work hard and it shows. I would tell you this ship made our trip. Now as far a HA being for OLD people. We had every age on this ship. HA, is no party ship but can provide entertainment for all ages. I did not see young people board out of their minds. Lots of "families" nice to see. Babies, children very well behaved. See you on another HA ship.

Oosterdam - Alaska

Oosterdam Cruise Review by mmetcalf

• Sail Date: September 2006
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
See you on another HA ship.
mmetcalf’s Full Rating Summary