3. Crown Princess
From the EXQUISITE Crown Princess. EXQUISITE Crown Princess. Beautiful ship. Cabin was gorgeous and roomy. Plenty of closet and shelf space. This is the first time I could totally unpack and hang up my husband's and my clothing. AWESOME bedding. We did ask the cabin stewart for the eggcrate padding and he quickly added it to the bedding. Thanks Regie. The only downfall to the cabins (everyone was complaining) was the shower's size. You'll see what I mean. 20" TV in our cabin. DH loved that, not the channel selection though. Good and plenty movies just a limited amount of channels. As I said the ship is awesome and what a smooth ride. The crew were great (only a few could use some happy juice or something). But the majority were wonderful and aimed to please. Entertainment was alright. Robert Smith. was awesome at poolside and at Explorer's. Sarge was wonderful! We attended only two of the shows in the Princess Theater and they were good. We also enjoyed the Crew's International Show. Just wish the Cruise Director's Staff would allow more of the crew to perform. Only four crew members performed. But in all it was good. The bands that performed were also good. We went into the casino a couple of times and just for fun played a few slots. Like I said, just for fun. Dining: We mostly ate in Cafe Caribe. We did go to the dining rooms Michelangelo's and Davinci and they were good also. But the food in Cafe Caribe was wonderful, no waiting, we watched the sunset, lots of variety, eat at your own pace because you served yourself. If you found something you really enjoyed, just serve yourself a little more if you like. Wine and other drinks were offered by a evening dressed wait staff. It was great! We just enjoyed Cafe Caribe as a dinner option. Horizons and Cafe Caribe was also the choice for breakfast though it did get a little boring for my dh with the same choices day after day. (He's a picky eater.) But to me the choices were many and plentiful so don't be put off by that. Pizza was great, especially during MUTS. Trident Grills burger and fries were good. Especially the fries. Haven't had fries that good in a while. Make sure you have the cheesecake in the dining rooms. We would go down from Cafe Caribe (deck 15) to one of the dining rooms just to have the cheesecake for desert. It wasn't a problem at all. And we did have the chocolate chip cookies everyone raved about. They we're good! It was hard keeping dh away from them. Ports: Grand Turk What a beautiful day we had there. Hot and sunny. We didn't do an excursion. We just ventured out on our own. This island seems to be up and coming. Margaritaville was very nice. The swim up pool was a blast. The beach was nice, but rocky. I think it has potential in the future. Ocho Rios We've been to Jamaica many times so since it was a cloudy and very humid day we did some shopping, visited Margaritaville there and headed back to the ship where we could really enjoy this jewel. Grand Cayman We did an independent city tour. We stopped by the turtle farm and also visited the place called Hell. We were told that the snorkeling was great there but we don't snorkel. Port Canaveral Been here many times also so we didn't venture off the ship. Again a great day just taking our time enjoying all the ship has to offer, leisurely lunches, plenty of open lounges, hot tubs and pools. Crew was falling over themselves waiting on the passengers who stayed on the ship and there were quite a few. MUTS (Movies Under The Stars) We both loved it! We watched quite a few movies under the stars (even though one movie "Inside Man" was cut short( will tell you about it below). During the day the movies played without sound but they made available for $2.50 an small receiver with headphones that worked great. The decor of the ship is just awesome. There are still a few little minor quirks that need to be worked out. Tip: Bring air freshener for your bathrooms. ;-) Embarkation: Brooklyn Red Hook Cruise Terminal We live in NJ so we took the train over then took a cab to the cruise terminal. Princess may have a small problem and I reported this to one of the Princess employee's because in trying to catch a cab outside of Penn Station on 7th Ave, I remembered CC members posting to make sure the cab driver knows how to get to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Well we asked ten (10) cab drivers along with the man who assists you in getting a cab if they knew how to get there and they all said "No". Finally one cab driver stepped up and said he knew exactly where it was and gladly took us. He told us that all of the cab drivers know how to get there, they just don't want to go there. My husband and I were guessing that they didn't want to go at that hour (it was about 9:30 am) because it was so busy in midtown. But still this doesn't hold good for Princess. A Princess employee said she would definitely report it. (More below) Embarkation: We finally get to the cruise terminal and we see passengers who have just gotten off the Crown. Everything runs pretty smoothly at the new cruise terminal. Areas are cordoned off for everything whether you are dropping off, picking up, getting a car service or taxi. Very organized. We were dropped off by our taxi, fare was $25.00 including the bridge toll and because he was nice enough to step forward and bring us we tipped him $10.00. Got inside the terminal where Princess is located, we were early so they weren't signing anyone in yet. While we were waiting this is when I had the opportunity to speak to a Princess employee about our taxi situation. I loved the restrooms, they were unisex. So the men had to wait too. LOL Passengers started lining up, we went through security screening, they scanned all of the baggage you carried with you and then we got in line to be issued our sail and cruise cards, and whatever else they needed to get you signed in. (ex. your passport, etc.) We were given a number and shown an area to wait to board the ship. Nice big spacious area with 52" flat screen TV's to watch. The only thing is I would suggest everyone bring a sweater or jacket. As warm as it was the day we were leaving it was freezing in that area. The air conditioner was blowing so hard the ladies hair was being blown in all directions. After awhile we searched for a corner to get out of the draft. Other than that the cruise terminal was great. We all then boarded the Crown Princess when they called our number (we had number one, early birds). Disembarkation: We got all of our forms and instructions a day ahead of time so we filled out what we needed to and tagged our luggage accordingly. We were doing Express Disembarkation so we had navy tags with the number 3. At first we headed down to the Explorer's Lounge to await our number to be called. But in my husband's travels he found out that many of the Express passenger's waiting to get off were down on Deck 6 so we headed down there. Quite a few anxious passenger's waiting to get off but we all waited patiently. They let the Platinum passengers off first and then they started call the Express passengers by number. We went right through customs with no problem. Were directed to the taxi stand across the street to awaiting taxis. Plenty of security around and by 8:50 we were at Penn Station waiting for our train. Walked in the door at our house at 10:00 am. For us this was a wonderful cruise for our first time with Princess Cruises and we look forward to sailing with them again. Oh....yeah, while we were waiting for the ship to dock at the port, I spoke to a brand new ship's crew member. Said it was his first ship and sailing experience. He is from England and every time the ship comes into the NY Harbor he loves to be on deck watching the Statue Of Liberty as she goes by. Gives him a thrill every time. He also said that he sailed on the Crown Princess out of Italy! Wow, what an experience he said. He got to be involved in all of the celebrations. He is also going to sail out of Italy again when Crown Princesses sister ship "Emerald" sails out next March 2007. Looking forward to our next cruise on Princess.

Crown Princess - Eastern Caribbean

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Krystall

From the EXQUISITE Crown Princess. EXQUISITE Crown Princess.
(More below)
Looking forward to our next cruise on Princess.
Krystall’s Full Rating Summary