3. Norwegian Dawn
Hey every1, just got off the Dawn from our great cruiseee here's what I gotta say. We got to the piers around 11:45 gave our luggage to the guys to take on the ship and then headed in, went through the metal detectors and then we were there at the desk where we give the lady or man all of our papers and everything then we were on the ship at this time it was like 12:15 and were very impressed that we were already on the ship No1 said anything about what time the rooms would be ready so we went to our room which was 8606 and it was all ready- we put our luggage in our room and made our way to the Garden Cafe for lunch- the room was very small, we are a family of 4 and were in an obstructed ocean view room and it was tight but we made the best of it-- we asked if there were any upgrades or upsells and they said that this ship is sold out and there are no more cabins--so we just dealt with the cabin we had which was very nice but just too small for 4 people-- we are used to balcony rooms but the Dawn's balcony rooms only accommodate up to 3 people. For the restaurants we did not make any reservations till the second day of our cruise they did not let us book any till the second day for some reason and they set up a desk in the main Atrium on the second day to make reservations- I thought there would be a big line but I was actually the only person there making reservations and we booked La Trattoria and Salsas. Garden Cafe-- Garden Cafe wasn't bad but I wouldn't say it was great, the food was ok if you wanted a quick lunch and the food was pretty much the same every day with only a very few things changing-- we mostly ate in the Garden Cafe for breakfast and lunch Venetian- One of the main dining rooms-- was pretty good, excellent service, but again I wouldn't say the food was excellent it was just o.k. and whatever you do don't order the pasta or anything with tomato sauce because it taste like 1's from a jar. Also, the menu selections on some nights were not good -I had to order once from the always available menu which because I did not like any of the featured items. So, mainly food is good but not great but hey I gotta be happy cause I'm on vacation and service was excellent. La Trattoria- We ate here our second night of the cruise they had an ok selection I ordered the lasagna which the sauce tasted worse then the ones from a jar and I also ordered a pizza which tasted like one of those microwaveable 1's -- not too impressed but service was good and I gotta be happy cause im on vacation. Salsas- We ate here our 5th night of the cruise, food was ok- I ordered the ribs and was supposed to get a full rack and only got half so I asked the waiter if I can have another half a rack and he brought me out a half of a half but I ate it and I still had dessert so I was ok -- dessert I ordered which tasted like the fried noodles u get when u order chinese food with some cinnamon on them, wasn't too impressed so I ordered some ice cream which was of course good. Overall, Salsas was good but again didn't impress me. Blue Lagoon-- 24 hour place, pretty good for a late night snack wouldn't make anything from here a meal- I recommend the stir fry, tomato soup, and the wonton soup-- the wings were ok but not that great. The Chef's cakes of the day never changed and were always banana bread, vanilla pound cake, and sugar free marble pound cake- I recommend the banana cake which was very good. We tried getting chairs by the pool but this was a sold out cruise so it was nearly impossibly because all the chair hogs got up at 6 am and put there towels on all of the chairs-- so we had to think of a way to beat the chair hogs but there was no way so we had to join them and become chair hogs ourselves so that's what we did- we got up at 7am and not only laid out towels on the chairs but put shirts on them 2-- then we would go and eat breakfast- it seemed to work as we had our chairs the 2 days we were chair hogs. Bahamas-- Was ok kind of sleazy, I guess went to the Straw Market got asked a few times if I wanted to buy drugs and just walked away and didn't answer these people- although most of the people are very nice there were some trying to sell drugs to my 12 year old sister which was crazy- after the Straw Market we took a cab to the Atlantis which was very nice-- we took a cab 4 bucks per person not bad- Atlantis was nice the aquarium part was nice they also have a really nice beach and a big casino which I lost in. After Atlantis we hit a big thunderstorm, so we headed back to the ship. Great Stirrup Cay-- Nice little island they have a beach and small straw market in the back but you can't wheel and deal with these people so do all the wheelen and dealen in the Bahamas Straw Market-- they have a nice BBQ setup they also have fruit and cakes and bars all over. The day we were there in was a cloudy day and eventually started raining, so we just walked around the straw market and ate at the BBQ I would of loved to stay on the beach but the weather didn't let us Bermuda-- Had to be my favorite port- the water here is crystal clear and so niceee- nothing really to do in Kings Wharf they have a little mall at the clocktower and they have a beach called snorkel beach but we didn't want to stay at the beach all day so we took a ferry to Hamilton which is kind of the city part of Bermuda -- Hamilton is a nice little town we did all of our souvenir shopping and went in all the stores it was pretty nice we just walked around and hung out then we took the ferry back walked around kingd wharf a little more and went back on the ship-- Bermuda is very nice! We had the new Cruise Director Jimmy on board as we were his second cruise on the Dawn-- he was very nice and seemed to have everything well organized. When you see him around the ship he would always say Hi and ask how your day was. He's a nice guy. Latitudes Rewards-- We took advantage of this new thing there doing if you put $250 down on a future cruise you get $100 on board credit for the cruise you are on which isn't a bad deal since you have 250 bucks down on a next cruise plus you get 100 bucks subtracted from you final payment on the cruise you're on now. You have 18 months to book your cruise and 3 years to set sail on it. So, we'll be booking the next cruise soon. Disembarkation was fine, we were one of the first people off because when you do the Latitudes rewards they give you luggage tags which make you the first group of people that get off the ship. This was my cruise and it was a great vacation!

Norwegian Dawn - Bermuda

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by mgf316

• Sail Date: August 2006
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview
This was my cruise and it was a great vacation!
mgf316’s Full Rating Summary