3. Celebrity Millennium
Our family of 4 sailed on the 7/25/06 trip from Barcelona to Venice. This was our fifth cruise. First time on Celebrity and in Europe. The procedure to clear customs in Spain was quite disorganized but did move along. Celebrity transferred us without a problem from the airport to the ship. The ship was lovely and the crew was great. The service was definitely the best we have ever received. The room was small even by cruise ship standards. We had trouble storing our empty suitcases. (Thank goodness we only brought one each.) Because it was our first trip to Europe, I did a lot of research on our ports and what we most wanted to see. Also, with 4 of us I knew it would be very expensive to sign up for the ship excursions. As a result, we ended up doing every stop on our own, which I found very rewarding. One of my only complaints with Celebrity was the Guest Relations desk. Every time we asked for directions from the port to train stations, we got very sketchy information and told it was a longer walk than what it actually is. One time the desk clerk told me that I could not get a taxi from the port and that I would need to take the Celebrity shuttle. Of course later that day I learned that taxis in port were plentiful and I could have saved money and time by taking one instead of the ship shuttle. My point is this, even if you have never been to Europe before, do your research and you can handle the stops on your own if you don't want to go with the "herd". We did get a guide and used the Celebrity Connections on this site to gather a group for Rome. We used When In Rome Tours and the guide we had, Julia, was terrific. With only 8 in the group, we saw the Colosseum, Forum, Pantheon and the Vatican Museum along with the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. Everyone in our family agreed it was our favorite stop. The people in Athens were the most friendly and helpful I've ever met. The food was very good on the ship. Our waiter, Viorel was great. He wouldn't let us go with no dessert, even if it was just a fruit plate. Our cabin steward, Milford was also great, he always had a smile and was very helpful. Overall it was a terrific cruise experience. The stops gave us a nice overview of the Mediterranean and a good idea of where we would like to go back and explore more. The music in the fitness room was awful or we would have used it more.

Millennium - Western Mediterranean

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by richline

The music in the fitness room was awful or we would have used it more.
richline’s Full Rating Summary