3. Norwegian Dawn
Just returned from a 7 night cruise on the dawn. Just want to say up front that I have been reading these Cruise Critic reviews for months now and I am very excited to leave one myself. Lets get started. Embarkation -- I felt like a rock star because I work at the pier so I basically just flashed my badge and saved us 2 hrs in line! So that was cool. First impression of the ship was not what I expected. Don't get me wrong the ship is beautiful and very clean but just not as visually impressive as some of the other lines I have been on. The layout was a little weird at first but we got used to it very quickly. There is no one room that gives you a wow factor, but they are all very nice. The casino is fairly large with all the usual games and machines, however there is no Caribbean stud which was odd. The stardust theater is nice and the shows there were very good. Most impressive was Bollywood. The magician was pretty awful. Second city was pretty entertaining however. Pearly kings pub was a cool spot, don't miss the pub crawl if u like to drink and have a good time. The spinnaker lounge was a nice spot but was often crowded because they try to have some of the most popular shows in there like the quest which was a blast. I was most disappointed with the club dazzles because it is such a tiny lounge, not even really a club at all. Very tiny dance floor. However the music is good, drinks are good and there is still plenty of room to dance. But clubs that I have seen on the other lines completely blow this one out of the water. The food was average to good. The buffets had the usual stuff. Breakfasts were good if u had the fresh eggs and waffles. I usually went for the lighter fair such as cereal, yogurt and fruit. You cant go wrong, they have everything. Lunches were just ok. The hot food was usually pretty bland, once in a while they had a nice chicken dish. Desserts and cookies were good. You cant go wrong with a burger, fries or a sandwich. The outdoor BBQ's were very good. They had things like chicken, fried rice and pasta. Very tasty. Service varied, they were unbelievably awesome in the blue lagoon, very hard working staff. The dining rooms were spotty, just depends who you get. The main dining rooms were always very good. I liked Aqua the best. I found it to be the best service wise and also the quickest. If you are looking for a more intimate but still something free, go to impressions. It is a bit more elegant. The Venetian was ok, somewhat noisy and more crowded. We only ate at one specialty restaurant and that was Cagney's. It was nice, not sure if id pay the 20 bucks again. The steak was excellent but you can also get a nice steak every night in any dining room for free. I suggest to make reservations for La trattoria and Salsa right away because these are free especially restaurants and fill up immediately. You can always get a table at Cagney's, le bistro or Bamboo the 3rd or 4th day into the cruise. The Blue lagoon rocked. There was nothing better than going dancing and drinking and then making a pit stop at about 3am at the Blue lagoon for such things as lo mein, burgers, chili, fries, potato skins, fried rice, salad, wonton soup, chicken fingers and fish and chips. Really tasty food! The cabin is a just that. Small but functional, there were three of us in there and I have no complaints. The activities were just average. There wasn't really much to do besides sit by the pool on sea days. You could gamble maybe but I don't recommend it lol. They did have a few activities such as bingo and a few other classes and seminars which were ok. The gym is very nice and we went there occasionally on sea days. The lap pool is nice but not worth 15 bucks a day. Bermuda was awesome, the beaches are so spectacular that by the time u get to the Bahamas, it's not even worth getting off the boat. Id take a ride to the atlantis though just to take a look around and maybe go jet skiing. I think that's about it, be prepared to spend a lot of money, don't sneak liquor on because they will find it, liquor is so cheap in the shopping mall but you don't get it until friday. I recommend buying it early because it sells out along with the cigarettes. If you go on this cruise with a good crowd, I promise a good time. Enjoy!

Norwegian Dawn - Bermuda