3. Celebrity Millennium
I read all of the reviews for this trip before booking, and continued to read them until we left for our trip. I am not going to try to repeat a lot of things that have been said in previous reviews, but rather update some of the key points from my point of view. My wife and I travelled with our 9 year old and 18 year old girls. We all had a wonderful time and would love to do it again soon. The 9 year old had a great time on the ship with the other kids, attending the "Fun Factory" almost every day. The staff was great there, and and it gave us some free time which we otherwise would not have had. Most of the time there was no charge, and at meal time there was a $6.00 per hour charge, which I considered reasonable. Our 18 year old had no trouble meeting kids her age. Her only complaint was that on sea days, there were no chairs by the pool, because people would put their towels down early in the day, and by 10:00 there was nowhere to sit. In general the ship was in good condition. I saw nothing to suggest that it needed work. There was no smell that others have remarked about. Everything was spotlessly clean. We booked a concierge class room for ourselves and an inside room across the hall for our daughters. This worked very well. Mary our room attendant was fantastic and could not have been more helpful. Both rooms were clean and well appointed. We were in stateroom 9133, which was mid ship, and very handy to the pool and Ocean's. It was a little noisy at times so perhaps it would be better one level down. I'm not sure I would pay the extra for Concierge Class again. Most of the extras were not worth much...except...We had a great 4 person table next to a window at the second seating. I attribute this to being in Concierge Class. So, I have mixed feelings. We all thought that the food was very good. There was a good selection, and the staff was incredible. I purchased a case of wine in Livorno, and we drank that each night. The wine steward would keep any leftover until the next night, and there was a $15 corkage fee which I thought was fine. The Italian wine was very good and it worked our to be a good value. I was necessary for us to travel in the middle of the summer because of the girls. Needless to say the weather was hot and there were thousands of tourists at every port. Imagine Disneyland on a hot day in the middle of the summer. If you have the choice, I would travel in September or October. We spent two nights in Barcelona prior to the cruise. We love the city and I think that it is well worth spending some time there. After the cruise we flew to Rome for 3 nights. This worked well because there is so much to see in Rome, and it allowed us an extra "at sea" day when everyone else on the ship was in Rome. We flew from Venice to Rome on Air One, a commuter airline. Unfortunately, we had to pay an extra $200 for baggage. They only allowed 44lbs per person, whereas Delta allowed 50 lbs and two bags. Watch this one! This was a great trip and I look forward to our next one.

Millennium - Western Mediterranean

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Mark P

This was a great trip and I look forward to our next one.
Mark P’s Full Rating Summary