• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Jul 2003
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Here is my review for the RCCL cruise July 18-30, 2003 on the Grandeur of the Seas from Harwich/UK around the Baltic and Norway. We decided on taking the RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 12-day cruise from Harwich/UK on July 18, 2003 to visit most Baltic States and some Norwegian Fjords. On arrival in Harwich at around 12:30 pm we parked our car in the assigned cruise parking lot. Our luggage was taken from us at the car and taken directly onboard. We had to board a bus directly to the check in counter.

Check In was organised very professional compared to other cruises we have taken. Within half an hour of leaving our car in the parking lot we were in our cabin. I have never experienced this little waiting around on any cruise! At first I thought, that maybe the boat is half empty, but we found out, that it was sold out, making this first experience even more impressive.

Our cabin was an Aft Deluxe Suite with a Terrace. The only annoying question I asked myself was, why did I pay for this "Suite", as the Deluxe outside staterooms on Deck 7 had almost the same size room and were in no way different inside. The only difference was the little bit larger terrace compared to the balcony. On the whole, this was my most annoying observation.

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $278