3. Norwegian Dawn
As a first time cruiser, I was apprehensive about this trip. It could not have been better. Living in NJ, we left at 11:00am and reached the pier at 11:45am. We were greeted by a porter who took our luggage & guided us to the embarking station. We sailed thru the photo, doc check and credit card area (just a tip-complete the customs form BEFORE going thru this area) and were on the ship by 12:20pm. After a quick look around, we went up to the buffet to grab lunch. We were pleased with the selections. Next,they were offering tours of the spa and we tagged along. All of the facilities were beautiful and the massages sounded great but VERY expensive. Our room (stateroom w/balcony-deck 10) was ready at 2:00 and we found our luggage already there. The room was immaculate and having the balcony gave us the feel of a larger space. The shower had a glass door which gave some privacy. There was a shelf above the bathroom sink that easily fit most of our toiletries. The closet was stocked with hangers and we had plenty to spare. By putting the suitcases under the bed we had no problem with space. We brought soda & water but didn't really need it. Hubby bought the soda card-worked out fine. The only problem that we had with the room was that it took 2 days to get the cabin steward to remove the fridge contents. We tried to take advantage of a lot of on board activities-Had a ball at both margarita clinics-good buy too-4 drinks for $15. Met lots of interesting people from around the world. Did some of the trivia games- lots of fun- art auction (do people really spend that much money on art on a cruise ship?) Went to Makeup clinic-( a real push to buy the product).The ship entertainment was very good-Second City comedy was probably the best, but Bollywood and the Dance Troupe were very good too. I liked the fact that they came out after the show to visit with the audience & take photos. Matt Baker,the cruise director, was outstanding. Where he gets his 24/7 energy, I don't know! Pool activities were hampered on several occasions by rain, but when it was nice, the staff made the most of the time-hairy chest contests, ice sculpting, calypso band, barbecues, pool olympics, etc. Also went to the towel animal making class-fun to watch. The lounges were nice places to relax, the main band (Best of Friends) always drew a lot of people. They sang a nice mix-Beatles, Eagles, Show tunes, light music, etc. Drinks were cheaper there too. The pool was always pretty full-people had to make up for the rainy days-I enjoyed the hot tub even though it was a little crowded. The smaller section of the pool-the 4' had a very steep ladder which was hard to get into. The food was good-not great. Free style is nice, but you still have to make reservations at the specialty restaurants. I had the best salmon ever at Aqua. My daughter loved the Italian and my husband liked Cagney's (cover charge) the best. The Venetian was great for sit down breakfasts, but avoid the pasta with almond in alfredo sauce for dinner-Gooey & absolutely no flavor. There was never a problem with a jean issue-saw no one in jeans at any meals. The Staff- everyone- was wonderful-friendly,courteous, accommodating, and many staff members even remembered and called my granddaughter by name. Tours- we did the Long boat tour in Bermuda with a stop in Hamilton-very good history of area & plenty of time to shop. Parasailing on the private island was great- but nervewracking-skip the City tour & Pirate Museum in Nassau- going thru poor areas with debris & decay is not an enjoyable site. The Museum was very good though. My daughter did the Atlantis tour & said it was great. We docked at 8:00am, had breakfast at 9:00, thru ship debarkation & customs by 10:00am and home by 11:00. It can't get any better! Overall Opinion- Beautiful,immaculate ship,wonderful staff, lots to do, food quality & selection needs to be upgraded. Met wonderful people-even one of our cruise critic members! Too bad NCL doesn't have a meet & greet for us! Am already planning when we can go again!!

Norwegian Dawn - Bermuda