3. Carnival Miracle
Embarkation on the Miracle was a breeze. We got our life jackets and reported to the Muster station. It was pure fun from then on.

The first day at sea: We used this day to walk around and get to know the ship.

Day 2 - Cayman: We tendered into port. We negotiated with a tour guide to take us to Hell and a tour of Cayman. I was quite disappointed with Hell, not much to see but some rock formations but I can say I went to Hell and back. We window shopped for a while and then it started to rain so the rest of the day was a washout.

Day 2 - Cozumel: The pier was destroyed in last year's hurricane so we tendered again. The tenders were much nicer than those in Cayman. Very hot, beautiful place. Spent the time swimming, laying out on the beach and drinking margaritas. Great day!

Day 3 - Belize: Quite disappointing. The ship was docked 5 miles off shore because of the reefs so the trip on the tender was much longer than the other ports. Belize City is not what I expected, lots of standing water and the people were not very friendly. Took a one hour trip to the Mayan ruins called Altun Ha. Very interesting for history buffs but the mosquitos there were almost as big as flies. Happy to get back on the ship.

Day 4 - Costa Maya: What a joy!!! Did not have to tender, Yippee! We took a cab to the downtown area called Mahahual. This place is unspoilt, so pure. I enjoyed every minute of it. The people were funny and friendly. I did note a strong presence of the Policias, seems like the banditos could be a problem but I felt safe. I would definitely visit here again. In fact, I would like to spend a few days there, not just a cruise visit.

The Ship: Beautiful! Did not like the decor of the Bacchus Dining Room, wish they would redesign the interior. The pink lights and the ceiling were too busy for me. Our waitress Sylvia from Hungary and her assistant Rico from Phillipines were the highlights of our day. What a team! They were very professional but kept us laughing. I looked forward to dining with them. Our cabin steward was great, kept everything in order for us.

Overall, the seven day trip was wonderful. Loved the international crew, met people from so many different countries.

Debarkation was easy and it was nice to be home.

Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Ann-Marie

The first day at sea: We used this day to walk around and get to know the ship.

Debarkation was easy and it was nice to be home.

Ann-Marie’s Full Rating Summary