My wife and I have been on numerous cruises, all "Large" ships. This was our first experience on an Oceania ship and it will definitely NOT be our last. The pre-cruise documentation was excellent. All papers, directions, instructions were clear and concise. I was able to book the shore excursions on-line before departing and that saved a lot of hassle. We had been planning this trip for about 5 years but, because of various reasons, had to keep putting it off. I knew that I wanted to participate in a lot of the shore excursions and when I chose the one's I wanted I found that for about $50 more I could have an excursion in every port, perfect! The cruise package included air connections from Miami to Istanbul with a lay-over in Heathrow, and reverse from Athens. There was a bit of a long layover each direction but it seemed that all travellers had some delay. Once we arrived in Istanbul the transfers and luggage handling were superb. We had a standard cabin, on deck 3 with an ocean view. It was more than adequate. In fact, the bed and pillows were about the best we've encountered on a ship. We don't spend time in the cabin except to sleep and dress and the amenities aren't that important to us. One thing I have to say is that if you wanted to stay in the cabin the TV programming is the absolute best. Beside the regular ship channels and the standard news programs they have channels devoted to TV Comedies such as Friends, I Love Lucy, etc. Others cover CSI Programs, National Geographic and, best of all Movie channels that show first run movies and well as others showing old classics. If you don't want to leave your cabin you'll have a great time. Being a small ship it was most easy to get oriented and know where everything was. Food in the Rear, Fun in the Front. Aside from the main dining room and buffet they have two excellent themed restaurants, a steak house, the Polo Grill, and an upscale Italian, the Toscana. There are no surcharges in either but they try to limit you by allowing you to make two reservations. After that you can make arrangements in the morning, if tables are available. We dined with another couple and never had a problem. Being from New York the Italian was our favorite. The quality of the food in all the restaurants was excellent. The only thing I could say in a negative way would be the variety of the menu in the mian dining room could have been a little expanded. I made a comment that if I was going to Greece & Turkey I would have like to have a choice of a "Local" food offered. The Buffet for dinner was a "Tapas" bar and I'm sorry I only went there once. The choices were excellent. The staff all through the ship were excellent. Warm greetings, concern for your pleasure, always a nice feeling. I didn't realize until I came home that the Oceania line doesn't allow children under 15. We just thought it was the time of the year that we went that there weren't any, and we have to say it was relaxing. The entertainment was very good. Because of the size of the ship there were no big Broadway Productions but the shows were performed by four talented kids that were terrific. They had other entertainers, an excellent violinist, a singer and the cruise director himself put on a show that was the best. The choice, variety and timing of the shore excursions couldn't have been better. They try to accommodate the passengers by getting the tour busses as near to the ship as possible to avoid long walks. All the local tour guides were quite knowledgeable and personable. The efficiency of the disembarkation was organized and efficient. The luggage was easy to locate and transfers to the airport were perfectly handled. All in all we really loved the ship and the service and will be planning to take Oceania cruises to other destinations in the future.

Nautica - Eastern Mediterranean