• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

SantaAna,CA
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2006
Cabin: Seabourn Suite

This was my first cruise on Seabourn. I had previously cruised on Holland America's Amsterdam to Alaska, and wanted to try a smaller ship. These are my impressions of Seabourn's Legend. I was on for 14 days to the Caribbean.

Embarkation: Came aboard in St. Thomas, absolutely no one in line when I came to the ship. I was sailing with my sister and brother-in-law and another lady friend of ours, we had three separate cabins. The embarkation was very easy, they were very friendly and had us wait in the King Olaf lounge since we were a bit early, the cabins were not quite ready. We were given cold drinks, and there were finger sandwiches available. We were given our shipboard card, with a picture taken onboard for security purposes, our room key, they took an imprint of a credit card, and then a steward whisked us off to our cabins. I had four pieces of luggage, one of them a dive bag, and all of them showed up in the cabin in short order.

Cabins: Beautiful. I had a cabin by myself and had asked for "run of ship" (single), which means you take what they give you usually 30 days before sailing. I was assigned deck 5, room 201, which is right next to the Classic Suite, which is the forward-most cabin on this deck. I was very happy with this location, as I wanted to spend time on the Legend's bow. There is a beautiful hot tub on the bow, and hardly anyone was ever out there. More later on this part of the ship. We had a couple of rough sea days, and there was a lot of movement, but it didn't bother me at all, I sort of liked it (being so forward on the ship).

Seabourn Suite