Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by raken80

• Sail Date: Apr 2006
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

This was our third cruise, second with teens. The fastest embarkation we have ever experienced by far - we were on the ship in no time. First time in a Jr. suite and it was not that much different that a deluxe balcony room except that my sister was traveling with our family and the walk in closet made a wonderful place for changing. (Bathroom was used for that purpose too, but this way, 2 people could get ready for dinner etc. at the same time (helped to speed things along in that regard).

Ship was very nice, showing just slight signs of wear but we are not fussy folks so that didn't matter to us. Entertainment was very good. Singer in the lounge was super, I think his name was Santigo or something like that. He should be in Vegas.

Food in the dining room was very good. Not as many choices as I remember from the last times we cruised but what we ordered was good. Ate in the Windjammer for breakfast about five times and some days for lunch. There was a good variety but certain things that I put on my plate I would not eat after I tried it because it would not be hot. In fact some things were at a very dangerous temperature in my opinion and I worried about getting sick. We eat out every now and then at a cafeteria style restaurant and I know with that type of dining you can't expect food to be as hot as a made to order place, but I saw no steam from the steam trays. They really need to monitor that better. And I don't think it was because of the time of morning we went to breakfast, because we went in a different times of the morning.

Ate lunch a couple of times at the Seaview cafe and the food was fine there.

We used the gym often. It was clean and had quite a bit of cardio equipment, but it was always full every morning, sometimes till 11:00 or 12:00. When we went in the evening, we had the place to ourselves. Overall, a great cruise. We would sail on the Radiance again.

raken80's Full Rating Summary