Costa Magica Cruise Review

CostaMagica - Bermuda

Costa Magica Cruise Review by Brandy

• Sail Date: Apr 2006
  • Destination: Bermuda

I just returned from a cruise on the CostaMagica, April 28 sailing to Bermuda and Nassau. I cannot believe some of the reviews I have just read. I wonder if I was on the same ship.

Embarkation went smoothly although the need to register the credit card on board was somewhat of an inconvenience.

The room, although I chose an inside cabin on this cruise was a good size and it was immaculate.

The ship is large, as are many of the newer ships but it was absolutely beautiful.

The service and entertainment were excellent. The entertainment staff provided much entertainment in the lounges, after the main show of the evening. It is a very lively ship, I call it the "Italian Carnival." If you are looking for a quiet, sedate ship this ship is not for you. I for one enjoy the fun.

The food, especially the lunch in the Bellagio Buffet was excellent. Lots of authentic Italian dishes. In addition, each day a different "ethnic" lunch was available, from Greek one day, to Mexican on another day. The deserts were not quite up to par although there was plenty of fresh fruit and ice cream 24hrs. a day. The pizza was especially delicious. Nice and thin and different varieties each day. As far as the Lobster night, yes it was only a half lobster, but it was a good size and was delicious. All one had to do was request additional lobster tails and they were brought out without hesitation. My waiter brought me three tails. My tablemates also commented on how good the lobster was.

The itinerary did not provide for enough time in Bermuda and since I had taken this cruise specially to see Bermuda, I was somewhat disappointed. Also there could have been a better choice of tours available.

Brandy's Full Rating Summary