3. Costa Magica
The parent company may be CCL but Costa is a still a bad tempered step-child.

The other reviews have been kind. This was the worst cruise I have every taken and I've been on NCL.

They make you stand in line twice to check-in, once before you board and again after you board just to give them a credit card!

We wanted to rest after being up at 4 am to get a taxi and transportation to the port but the room steward wanted to unlock the mini-bar and was knocking on the door every 15 minutes.

The food was cold, bland and the service slow. The waiters and bus boys either don't understand english or just ignore what you ask for. I ask for whole wheat toast and got rye, I ask for whole wheat toast again and got white, the third time I got rye again. Then I was told they don't have whole wheat toast, but they had it on the buffet! My wife didn't get her entree at lunch one day and the waiter argued that she did not order one when everyone at the table had heard her. Self service at the buffet is the only way to dine on this ship.

The entertainment was what you would expect at a junior high play. The singers were first round rejects from American Idol and the dancers looked like it was their first time on stage, it's excusable to miss a step when the seas are rough, but that night were were in port!

All the photos, 1000's of them, were in plastic trays. Some were on display like on CCL but most you had to thumb thru to find your pictures. My wife and I gave up about half way thru one tray.

If you like to read take your own books with you, the library is only open 2 hours a day.

Most of the passengers I spoke with after the cruise were not happy and do not plan to book with Costa again. In my opinion the other reviews of this cruise were too kind, the crew is surly, the food is cafeteria quality at best and the entertainment second rate.

CostaMagica - Bermuda

Costa Magica Cruise Review by danhotmail1954

• Sail Date: April 2006
  • Destination: Bermuda
The parent company may be CCL but Costa is a still a bad tempered step-child.

danhotmail1954’s Full Rating Summary