3. Coral Princess
This was our 10th Princess Cruise and in addition to my husband and myself, my sister, a 1st timer joined us. We had the aft portside mini-suite on Dolphin deck and it was a great cabin! Going thru the Panama Canal my husband could touch the wall of the canal from our balcony. To back up and start from the beginning, we flew in 4/2 and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. This is within walking distance of the water taxi and we went down and rode around after we checked in. Lots of beautiful homes and yachts to see as you cruise around. Passed the evening for us. The next morning we had the basic breakfast and then off to the port. We did a cab on our own and were there in no time. We were early and we knew it but after this I would do it again in a heartbeat! We were directed inside upon arrival and took a seat to wait. Since we are Platinum we were greeted by a gentleman giving out numbers and given a #1 for priority boarding. About 11:30 they called #1 for the first group to go to the counter and prepare to board. I was thrilled because my sister was actually the 1st person on the ship for our sailing. We were in our cabin before 12. Met our cabin steward Emanual, tipped, requested lounge chairs for the balcony, egg crates for the beds and then off to lunch! A quick look around the ship and then back to our balcony for sail away. A nice dinner that evening (Personal Choice) and the welcome aboard show and then off to bed. Day 2 was a sea day and we swam, relaxed and just enjoyed being on the ship. Day 3 Jamaica. We have been there 2 times previously but since as I said my sister is a 1st timer we did a tour. It went to the Walkerswood Jerk factory, Wassi Pottery and Dunn's River Falls. A pretty good tour, as tours in Jamaica go. Day 4 sea day, I relaxed and since I was reading the DaVinci Code I spent some quality time reading and relaxing. Day 5 Panama Canal, full day of canal and then a quick stop at the port for a shopping break. Day 6 we did an Eco Tour in Limon and it was very good. This consisted of a bus ride to the boats in the canals of the rain forest, there we saw sloth and lots of birds. After they served coffee, lemonade and fruit. A couple of locals played music and it was a nice break. From here we did the bus to the train which took us along the coast near a banana plantation. On the way we saw howler monkeys. We were transferred by bus to the plantation and saw the complete processing of bananas. Very interesting! Back to the ship and the little bit of shopping near the pier. Day 7 at sea, just relax, read, swim etc. Day 8 Grand Cayman. We did the Island highlights and sting ray observatory tour. I wanted to swim with the sting ray but am getting past achilles tendon surgery and wasn't sure I should be climbing in and out of a boat. They are amazing creatures! Day 9 Costa Maya. We just took the bus to Mahajual and had lunch and then looked at all the shops. Back to Costa Maya in the afternoon and a look around there. Our first visit there and we liked it. We would probably take a tour next time but by this time my foot was wearing out and we just took it easy. Day 10 at sea, time to pack, BUMMER! All this trip we used the buffet for breakfast and lunch and the dining room for dinner. A couple of days I did room service and had coffee and juice delivered and for the day of the canal I wrote in full breakfast orders for the 3 of us and there was no problem. We did the evening shows each night and found most of them pretty good. Our biggest complaint with entertainment was the lounges and music. We like to swing dance found there was no good music for much of that. In addition they rolled up the sidewalks about 12AM so after the shows there was very little time to even listen to music. Most of the service was very good but I was a bit miffed with the Pursers desk and they never did get that straightened out. The wait staff varied in the quality of service in the dining room. 3 nights they were wonderful and the other 7 just OK. We had different teams each night. One day we were invited to the Captain's Lunch. Our first time for that. We were in the top 40 passengers on this sailing for most days sailed. Lunch was in Sabatini's and a nice time was had by all. Would we sail with Princess again? You bet! Was it our best cruise ever? No, But I did 3 additional bookings on board and that makes 5 that I am going to plan ahead for the next couple of years. We enjoyed the Coral Princess and hope you will too!

Coral Princess - Central America/Panama Canal

Coral Princess Cruise Review by harrynterry

Day 7 at sea, just relax, read, swim etc.
harrynterry’s Full Rating Summary