3. Majesty of the Seas
The following is a review of our trip on the Majesty: Traveling: Chuck - 55, Judy - 50 and our two children - Ryan - 21 and Megan - 21. We are from Colorado Embarkation: We arrived by taxi to the port at about 11:00 a.m. We did not have to wait in a line and our check in went quite smoothly. All the RCI personnel that were helping passengers were friendly and helpful. We were checked in and going up the escalator to the ship at 11:40 a.m. Monday As soon as we were aboard the ship, we went to find our stateroom. It was ready but our steward said that he needed to "spray" the cabin (a germ precaution). We left a few of our things, paid the steward a tip to always have 3 buckets of ice in our room for drinks and to keep some beer cold. We brought on a 12 pack of Bud Light - right through the x-ray machine and no one said a word about it. We went and explored the ship and bought two coke cards for Ryan and Megan. We ate lunch in the Windjammer. At first I thought all of the Windjammer was outside in the heat, but there is an inside area that is air-conditioned. We found that much more comfortable. The food was good and we especially enjoyed the carrot cake and cheesecake that was offered for dessert. We went back to our cabins and unpacked and then went to the lifeboat drill at 4:30. Our station was in the Blue Skies Lounge so we got to sit in air-conditioned comfort waiting for everyone to show up. We were on Deck 8 which is advertised at partially obstructed because of the lifeboats. We were still able to see pretty good out of our windows - better than I was expecting so we weren't disappointed about that. We had plenty of storage room and hangars for our clothes and drawer space. Our suitcases fit nicely under the bed. We had two staterooms and they were 8572 and 8578. They had a safe and hair dryer. Our rooms were made into queens and the steward had no problem moving Ryan and Megan's beds to two twins. After the lifeboat drill, we headed up to the Viking Crown Lounge for the sailaway and enjoyed our first pina colada of the trip. We made friends with one of the bar stewards and he remembered our name the rest of the trip. Since we had early seating, we had to hurry to our room to dress and clean up for dinner. We were about 10 minutes late. We had asked for a table for four but were placed at a table for 8 by the window. Our tablemates only came one night and they didn't speak much English. We really enjoyed our waiter Heri from Indonesia and Cassandre, our assistant waitress from Jamaica. We had the Jamaican Jerk chicken the first night and Megan had the ranch steak which she liked. We went to a shopping talk about Nassau and got a number for the art auction. My husband bought a "mystery" piece which turned out to be a Thomas Kinkade so I was very excited about that! We enjoyed the show and turned in about 12:30 a.m. Tuesday We ate breakfast in the Windjammer. My husband ordered an omelet every morning and really enjoyed that. We walked off the ship about 9:00 a.m. and shopped around town. I bought some topaz earrings that were reasonable. It was HOT in town. We went back to the ship to get our beach wear and ate lunch and then headed out again. We found a taxi to take us to Paradise Island. He dropped us off at the public beach near the Sheraton. It was quite beautiful - clear water with wave action. They wanted $30 for an umbrella!! My husband held out and was able to get one for $15. Believe me, we needed it. The sun was very hot! Our kids went on jet skis and we relaxed in the water and on the beach. We had a rude awakening during our time there when I realized that a small purse that I had in my carry-on bag was missing. We didn't feel like it could have been stolen because we were with our stuff all the time. We thought it might have fallen out in the taxi when I got my camera out. We then had to find our taxi driver and taxi which was no small feat but we finally found him and he had my purse. It had my driver's license and seapass in it, some money and my glasses so we were quite glad to get it back! The shower we took and the Mango Tango that we had when we got back on the ship was heavenly after the heat that we endured!! We did all the activities on the ship, including the Love and Marriage game, karaoke, the show, and the Captain's cocktail party and had a great time. Our dinner was New York strip and it was quite good. We loved the sail away party and buffet. It was a beautiful evening. Wednesday This was Coco Cay day and we were on the tender by 9:30 a.m. We found a wonderful spot and spent almost the whole day in the water. I was truly impressed by the beauty of the water and the island and we also enjoyed snorkeling. The lunch was good and it was truly a day in paradise. It was my favorite day. We took the 3:30 tender back to the ship and I had to take a quick nap. Dinner was Italian and we had the chicken marsala. Again, we took advantage of the show and all the activities offered. We got in on the Majesty Quest game. This wasn't our first RCC cruise so we had seen the game before. However, this one was the most "adult" one I had ever seen. I must admit I was a bit shocked at what some people will do for a RC keychain!! My son participated and had a great time. Thursday This was the Key West day. We had cleared customs by 10:30 and we took the Conch Train and Trolley Tour. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't book it on the ship - I would just go to the Trolley station and book it myself. It was a 90 minute tour and the one from the ship was only 60 for $20. We walked Duvall St. and enjoyed the shops and action of the town. We ate lunch at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. We bought some Key Lime wine at a wine store and got back to the ship about 3:30 and spent some time by the pool. Key West was very hot and there wasn't much of a breeze. We just took along a towel to wipe off the "extra" sweat because you do tend to drip in that kind of heat and humidity. We enjoyed the dinner - the MahiMahi sweet and sour was wonderful and so was the prime rib. The ship was full of activities and we didn't miss a thing. We fit in some packing between dinner and the show because you have to have your luggage out by l a.m. for pickup. That always takes a little organization on my part. It is always sad for me on the last night - the time on a cruise flies by - especially a four day one! Friday We ate breakfast in the dining room and our color (purple) was called about 9:00 a.m. for debarkation. That went very smoothly and we found a shuttle to take us back to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Our flight didn't leave until 2:30 so we all had a little nap at the airport! Our vacation was wonderful. I thought the Majesty was in great shape and it was just as fun as our cruise on the Enchantment which was a bigger ship. I thought the service was excellent and all the people were very friendly. It is interesting how there are people on the ship from all ages, colors, sizes, and cultures. It is a great place to people watch and make some new friends. We were lucky in the casino. We won about $300 total on the slot machines and $200 playing craps.

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas