3. Oosterdam
My husband and I just returned from our cruise on the Oosterdam. WOW! This was our seventh cruise with Holland America and we were thoroughly impressed! The ship was wonderful and the crew fantastic. From boarding the ship to disembarkation there was absolutely nothing about the cruise to complain about. Our cabin steward, Widi, kept everything in the cabin in immaculate condition and always went the extra mile. The food was fabulous in the Vista dining room. Rafiq from the dining room entrance always made the evening a happier event with his smile and personality. The service as always went the extra mile. We had dinner in the Pinnacle grill one evening and the dinner and dessert and service were all excellent. The entertainment onboard was varied and we thoroughly enjoyed every show we attended. The Oosterdam Superstar contest was so much fun to attend and the Vocalist, Alfeda Gerald had a magnificent voice, the comedian was very funny and the Beach Toys group and John Davidson were great! It was apparent that the crew all liked each other and it showed. Captain Mercer runs a very tight ship and it was obvious that he was well thought of. The cruise director, Jimmy was by far the best cruise director we have ever experienced. It was clear that he and his staff were truly enjoying themselves day after day. It made the whole trip even more enjoyable. The shore excursions were interesting. I will say however that riding around Puerto Vallarta was interesting! Not a lot of apparent traffic laws there! The worst things about the whole experience were the very pushy vendors in the ports and having to disembark the ship! I would highly recommend this ship and cruise to anyone and will definitely cruise Holland America again!

Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera