3. Carnival Conquest
Just returned from our first cruise on the Carnival Conquest. My husband and I really loved the cruise and ship itself! This was our first cruise so my review may not be too helpful. We booked everything through Carnival and was satisfied for the most part.

Embarkation: We waited at the Houston Airport for about 2 hours for Carnival transportation, which made us late for the boat. As we were boarding everyone was being called to the Muster Stations. Was a little stressful, but all went well.

Shows: We went to several shows, but not all of them. What we saw of the shows they were enjoyable. We did not attend any of the late night comedy shows.

Meals: All meals were great! We tried the Sky Grille, Pizza, Ice Cream, Lunch Buffet, Paul's, Sur Mer, had late seating in the Renoir, and we even tried the Point. Are table mates were great and we enjoyed the 8:30 seating and all meals served. Our waitress and waiter went above and beyond to see that we were happy!

Ports: Jamaica was horrible!! Don't ever care to go back! Dirty and way too crazy! Grand Cayman was beautiful, but we were rushed with our scheduled tour of Island and Stingray City. and did not have time for much shopping. We would like to go back and visit this port for a regular vacation Cozumel was nice too! Quite damaged from the hurricane. We could have done without or scheduled tour here.

Debarkation: We did the self-assist, which was absolutely horrible!!! I think everyone on the boat decided the same thing. Carnival needs to be more organized with this system! We finally made it off the boat and are now back to our normal life!

We loved our cruise and it was a great experience. Would we cruise Carnival again? Yes! Would we like to try other cruise lines? Yes!

I almost forgot our wonderful cruise director "Malcom in the Middle" What a great guy! He kept us informed on all things going on even the horrible event from Cozumel!

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean