3. Adventure of the Seas
I organized a group of 16 friends on the Adventure of the Seas due to the great deal in price, the attractive itinerary and my fond memories of the RCI, Monarch of the Seas cruise I took in 1995. The great food, fun times and amazing service always kept a special place in my heart. I have to start by saying this was my tenth cruise, this being my second on a RCI ship with the remaining being Carnival cruises. We purchased transfers thru Royal Caribbean, but would probably recommend taking a taxi to the pier since it is close to the airport and the wait would be less than waiting for a pre-arranged bus. Embarkation was a breeze, probably because we arrived at the terminal 4 pm and the lines were nonexistent. Upon entry, we were all amazed at how beautiful she was. The ship is immaculate, huge and beautiful. Most in the group were first time cruisers and were in awe. The itinerary was great. The islands visited were beautiful and the only excursion booked thru RCI was the Dolphin swim in Curacao. If anyone is contemplating a Dolphin swim, this is the best swim I have experienced. As for the other islands, being such a large group, we basically went to the Beach on our own, which proved to be cheaper and allowed us to stay as long as we wanted. We hired taxis and all our driver's returned at the time we asked them. The casino was big. Plenty of winners on board (and losers). The only drawback was that the Black Jack Tournament entailed buying an entry into the game. Upon purchasing a seat, you waited on line until it was your turn, with the wait being a little long. On Carnival you buy a time slot so you can return to the pool or any other activity since you know exactly what time you would play. Not all shows were appealing. The Adventure Quest game show which was raved as a funny must attend show was a good highlight. Some in the group took in the Ice Show and loved it. The dining room service was the best out of all my cruises. Anca and Franciso were phenomenal. They remembered everyone's names and likes so by the time we sat for dinner we had the breads we favored ready and the wine lists in front of those who drank wine. The only drawback was that the food was not the best. The appetizers were good, but the entrees and desserts did not meet expectations. However, the service more than made up for it. The rooms were smaller than Carnival's yet were very clean and the cabin steward was great. For wine drinkers, definitely purchase the wine and dine package. It is worthwhile. The only disadvantage to this was that some of the favorite wines were sold out by the first or second night. Disembarkation took a little longer. We vacated the room by 0800 hrs and disembarked by 1045 hrs. Overall, the group had a phenomenal time. They are pestering me into booking the next cruise...

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean