3. Explorer of the Seas
Embarkation-We arrived around 11'ish and it took us about 15 minutes total to get through and on the ship. Couldn't get into our rooms until about 1 but we explored and took pictures until then.

The ship is gorgeous and huge! Very clean and all the staff were very friendly and upbeat. Food was pretty good. The windjammer cafe was so so at times but being a buffet, you had plenty to chose from. The pools and hot tubs looked clean. The decks were always full of people when the sun was out. A huge problem of chair saving though. Very frustrating. The entertainment was great and the host was awesome! Only one so so comedian the whole week. The room was nice (Promenade view on Deck 7). Spacious enough for two. Plenty of closet space. Could hear through the walls a bit but nothing that was annoying. The ship is so big I don't think we saw everything there was to see! Husband enjoyed the sports activities on the sports deck (basketball/volleyball/dodge ball). A nice rock climbing wall and putt putt course.

Shore excursions were great. Tendering was a pain even though it went pretty smooth. Docking is so much better! Belize-cave tubing (awesome), Costa Maya (shopping/hanging at the beach), Cozumel (Paradise Beach, quite haggard from hurricanes but ok), and Grand Cayman (Reef, Rays and Rum Point tour-awesome!).

Disembarkation was a bit long but nothing really to complain about. This was my first cruise so I thought it was pretty painless.

People on board were so friendly and we made so many new friends from all over the world. It was such a great experience and I'm hooked on cruising!

Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean