3. Adventure of the Seas
We left Md. drove to Pa and stayed at the Radisson in Philadelphia the night before our flight to San Juan on US Air. Our stay started with 2 teenage girls having a key to our friends room and walking in on him. The hotel was very apologetic and assured him they would be told to leave but that didn't happen! They also gave our friend a small care bear stuffed animal to show they cared-seems like an adult way to handle an embarrassing problem doesn't it? The hotel was very nice though. The next day we were to airport checked our bags and later discovered the plane had Mechanical Problems and was going to be delayed. After 2 or 3 delays we transferred to another plane. After being assured our luggage would also be switched we arrived in San Juan to discover we had no luggage. It arrived at 9pm and the ship left at 10--however we had to stand in long lines to fill out lost luggage forms, and describe our luggage. We did get it about 11pm. Embarkation was a breeze. Please do your SetSail paper on line - it makes a big difference. We get on the ship and have to stand in line again regarding our luggage. Needless to say we totally missed seeing San Juan. Thank you US Air!!! Stateroom: We asked for two rooms together so we were given the handicap rooms. Not bad little more walking room. We had a problem with the toilet not flushing one time, the water coming out of the sink was orange a couple times. First night - NO CHOCOLATE on the pillows. We did get it the rest of the nights. Our cabin steward was great - Castro! I would have liked more drawer space but we made do. There are not a lot of announcements but there are a few and our speaker did not work in our room and when I reported it it was never fixed. Ship Info: No Paper towels in public bathrooms, no flowers in the bathrooms (every other ship we've been on has linen towels and first vase of flowers). No Sushi bar (Celebrity last year had a regular area for sushi). Decorations thruout the ship were ok but not gorgeous. The mall area was very nice and large. and for those looking for an inside room they have them overlooking the mall area ,which in very nice but may be noisy and probably not too private if you have your curtain open. Beds were cots - not great but I was so tired at night I slept ok. Dining room waiter and assistant waiters were GREAT. We were at table 844 and I am sorry but can't think of their names. The head waiter was a pretty boy and disgusted all of us. Not accommodating and a pain. The Portofino Restaurant is a must!!! Delicious food and excellent service. It is worth the $20.00 but sign up as soon as you get on the boat they fill up fast. The windjammer restaurant is just run of the mill buffet food. Not as good as Holland America or Celebrity but okay. No waffle bar which Celebrity has. Service: Service is okay but I didn't feel it was as good as our other cruises. The Filipino staff on other cruise lines seem friendlier and more caring. The staff of Adventures did not try to help much and were not real friendly. Entertainment: The cruise director on this cruise made our cruise. His last name was Spacey and he was a riot. All the planned activities that we attended were great and he deserves a lot of credit. Disembarkation: This was so easy, just go wherever you want and hang out and when they call your group number go to the gangway. Was the easiest of any cruise we've gone on Summary: A WORD TO ALL WHO WANT TO ENJOY YOUR CRUISE----DON'T GO PRESIDENT'S WEEK OR THE THIRD WEEK OF APRIL!!!! Why because these are the two weeks the northeast is out of school and it felt like they were all on our boat. There were 1,006 children of all ages on this cruise. All ages! We were stepped on, pushed, Holland at, We listened to cursing, watched cans being thrown with full sodas in them. They ran up and down the halls hollering. We saw 14 year olds drinking. And where were their parents? Oh they couldn't have cared less. And you know what? Royal Caribbean did nothing about it. I learned my lesson never again on those two weeks and probable never again on Royal Caribbean. All in all it probably wasn't the worst ship out there but I have been on several better.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean