3. Adventure of the Seas
First let me clarify, this was neither my first cruise nor my first cruise with RC. I have become and will remain a loyal RC cruiser and as such, my critique may be slightly skewed. My cruise started on 5 March out of San Juan, PR. I arrived a day early to enjoy the city and get a tour of the Bacardi Factory. For those of you who have not been through the tour, I highly recommend it. Its a $1.50 ferry ride from Old town and free admission. Add to that two strong drinks for free and you have a very good trip in my mind. So back to the cruise. My party arrived at 3pm to board the cruise. The best way to describe this was disorganized efficiency. Although there were no lines and few people to direct people, the simple fact that I already completed my sail away pass allowed for one signature and then boarding. Quick and to the point. Once on the ship, I can only describe the accommodations as superb. This was my first cruise with a balcony, and although I did not use it often, the few times I did use it were really nice. The room was spacious with lots of room and storage. My bags arrived within 40 minutes and allowed me to unpack and clean up before heading off to arrange for a massage later in the trip. Before my bags arrived, I toured the ship with my party. The promenade was amazing&a mini main street right in the middle of the ship. I really liked the stores and the cafe feel of the little restraints and bars. The Viking lounge or whatever they call it on this ship was very cool with phenomenal views. The gym facility and spa were fantastic. Restaurants and bars are all pleasing and quaint feeling. The main dining room was tremendous with superior food and service. The bartenders in the Schooner Bar and Champagne Bar were excellent. My preference was the Schooner Bar where my good friend Barry from Boston played an amazing piano set most every night. Again having a good entertainer in a quiet tucked away bar is always nice. If you do not see the ice show you are making a mistake. Although you have to get tickets, they are free. The ability of these skaters was great. The simple fact that they could avoid each other on the small patch of ice would have been a show in itself, but they did a great job with choreography and lighting as well. I attended on comic show on board and thanks to the audience, he had plenty of material. Very funny and a great way to start the evening. The port calls were great. In Aruba, we took a jeep tour of the island. Very neat getting to see beyond the glitz surrounding the beaches. In Curacao, I did some shopping and hung out at a very nice resort that is literally right under your nose in town but hidden from everything. In St. Maarten, DO the Americas Cup sailing race. They let you participate at your level of interest, are fun to be around, and make the racing exciting. My only regret was only one race. I then did some shopping downtown. If you are looking to purchase liqueur I recommend doing it in this port. Great prices and superior selection. In St/ Thomas, I spent the day with friends ate at a quiet place called Cuzzins, and then some shopping. Stay away from the mall on the pier everything was significantly more expensive than downtown. We also ate at Portifino. Although there is a service charge of $20, if you do not go there, you missed out. Make reservations before you get to the ship or as soon as you get onboard. Finally, debarkation. Although it was very efficient, I wish they would have played more than 10 minutes of the building of the Voyager movie. Again it was very efficient. The cab back to the airport was expensive $24 considering that it only cost $16 to get to the ship. I would highly recommend staying the day in San Juan and flying out the next day as the airport is PACKED with people on Sunday. The only negative thing I will say about the entire cruise was my cabin steward. He was not very good at all. But with that small exception, the cruise was a huge success. In fact so successful, I have already booked my next cruise with RC. Happy Cruising

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by sailmejy15

The main dining room was tremendous with superior food and service.
Happy Cruising