3. Adventure of the Seas
To the point review and only to the point. A group of 11 sailed Adventure on 2-19-06 from Puerto Rico. We flew into San Juan on the 18th and really enjoyed the more relaxed approach to our weeks vacation. Highly recommend the Sheraton hotel in Old San Juan. Very comfortable and in the heart of everything. Boarding Adventure was a breeze when utilizing the pre-boarding Seapass. To save a bit of cash on the bar bill, purchased several bottles of duty free hootch within the ship terminal and put them in our carry on bags as instructed by the terminal staff. This is the only chance to bring booze aboard to enjoy at your leisure. If you pass on this opportunity and your a drinker of any type, you missed a golden opportunity. Adventure was simply awesome in every way. We were entertained by Ricky Nelson's boys who were mega stars in the late '80s on the second night of the voyage. This show was amazing as was all entertainment offered aboard. The ship decor and layout was fantastic as well. Our wait staff was pleasant and extremely attentive. They couldn't have been better. Our group was very happy with the food throughout the ship and the drinks were more than generous {wink} at all times. I find in some reviews that the major complaint on cruises is food. Well, people need to lighten up. The staff is cooking for a massive crowd at all times and the job they preform is fantastic to say the least. Always remember, if something is not to your liking... ask for something different until you're satisfied. Be respectful and you'll truly be treated as royalty. I'd also recommend Porifino restaurant on board one night. The food is unbelievable and the presentation out of this world. The ports are always what you make of them. On Aruba we wanted to go to a beach that the ships do not send all of their guests. After a little research on the net I settled on Eagle Beach. We caught a cab to Amsterdam Mannor and enjoyed a real tropical setting. Recommend this to everyone. We rented jet skiis for a while and just relaxed on a beach with the most amazingly soft white sand. There was a beach bar for refreshments and the water was perfect. Did the town for shopping later in the day and hit a few clubs at night. Had a crappy excursion in Curacao the next day. Not the fault of the cruise line, booked this on our own. It was supposed to be a fishing trip but it turned out to be a sight seeing trip in very rough seas with a couple of clowns calling themselves captains. They never took their cell phones away from their ears the whole time. Returned to the ship and took advantage of the pool for the duration of the day. Friends of mine took advantage of shopping in town. They really enjoyed their day. Goes to show you about reviews, I say it stunk... they say it's great, who's right? Depends! Did a relaxing day at sea and explored the ship the next day. Then came my favorite port of all. St. Maarten! This place is paradise. Friendly natives, great scenery, and the place is very clean. If you smoke buy your cartons on this island. $12 bucks a carton. I had booked an excursion on my own again and I hit the jackpot. This trip was booked through shoretrips.com and is listed as "pirate ship adventure." If anyone can't enjoy this adventure, they should just stop breathing. Don't know where to start or end to describe this trip but none of our group wanted to end it and return to the Adventure of the Seas. We will recommend this excursion to everyone. It's inexpensive and breath taking. In fact my future wife and I are strongly considering having our wedding aboard in the near future. St. Thomas was very nice. We ventured to Megan's Bay in the morning to beach it for a while then took the sky ride to look over the port in the afternoon before finishing the day with a little shopping. Always ride cabs that are approved by the cruise line only. I made a mistake and accepted a ride from a cabbie from hell. Way to stressful. A request to talk to police really resolved this guys quest to extort large sums of cash from me for a short ride. In a nutshell, Adventure and its staff was truly remarkable. There's always someone who just has to complain about just about everything. Remember this..... Your vacation is what you make of it. It's not about some meat head telling you to not to sail on this ship because he purposely put a small smudge on the corner of the bathroom mirror on the first night and checked on its existence every half hour for the duration of his cruise and the lazy attendant never cleaned it off. {I read that in a review. That guy should stop berating} Take Adventure of the Seas for a spin. you'll be glad you did.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean