3. Carnival Victory
We took a Cruise to Nowhere departing Friday 6/19 from NY. Had a great driver, Glenn, from Aggressive Limo (Central NJ) who got us up there in plenty of time - embarkation was actually over an hour earlier than our tickets stated! No lines, no hassles. This was the first cruise for my husband and 12 year old daughter. We went with a couple we were friends with. Our rooms were on the first floor - mid ship. Felt absolutely nothing during the ride. Room had 2 twin beds pushed together and a pull out couch. Room was spacious and comfortable for the 3 of us. We spent a lot of time on the Lido Deck 9 by the pool. Never had to wait for a drink! We lunched at different spots, I went to get a burger &fries in the back of the ship (the buffet had pre-cooked burgers in a serving tray - I got mine fresh & hot). We dined in the Pacific dining room at the early seating. Had a great window seat right at the direct back of the ship. Food was great at dinner time, but could be a little more plentiful for b'fast. I do not care for the open seating breakfast - would rather do the buffets. There was a good calypso band on Deck 9 and a really great Fillipino bank in the lounge in the evening. We went to the Irish sing a long bar, attended the early shows which were also great. Spent a lot of money on pictures. Too many beautiful backdrops to choose from. Debarkation was rather chaotic. Had everyone on deck 2 with their luggage lined up in the hallways and the line snaked around the whole deck. The Zenith and Horizon were also disembarking at the same time! Can't wait to go on our next cruise in August to Bermuda. I would be happy to answer anyone's questions, just give me an email. LawnQuilt@aol.com August 2003

Carnival Victory