3. Splendour of the Seas
The service by Royal Caribbean is excellent. Very friendly, courteous, and diverse staff. The formal dining room staff and food was really great. The food in the Windjammer Cafe was basic and best for just a quick bite or snack. I ordered room service once and received the wrong food and spoiled salad dressing. The delivery person was good, but the food itself was disappointing. Breakfast in the formal dining room was better than the cafe. We had a large outside stateroom, which was more than sufficient for our time at sea. We liked the large window. The decor was nothing like the picture at the Royal Caribbean website. We experienced little rocking at level 3, mid-ship. Our room was near everything, but still quiet. Maid service was excellent. Our favorite area was the Solarium. We really enjoyed the quiet in the late morning and early afternoon. The warm saltwater pool is refreshing and there was no worry about getting too much sun. Our two ports of call were Cozumel and Costa Maya. Cozumel is still recovering from the hurricane last year. We had a wonderful time snorkeling and doing snuba through Mayan Paradise Tours. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in snorkeling or snuba. Costa Maya was my favorite. A beautiful, small, tropical place with white sand and clear water. We really enjoyed the tour of the Chacchoben Ruins that we booked online at chacchobenruins.com. It was a small group and the guides David & Carolina provided a ton of Mayan historical information. We chose Galveston Limousine for our shuttle transport from/to Houston (Bush) Airport. They provided good service and are less than the shuttle associated with the cruise line. Overall it was a great trip and I'd sail again with Royal Caribbean.

Splendour of the Seas - Western Caribbean