3. Adventure of the Seas
This was my wedding/Honeymoon cruise and my first with Royal Caribbean. I guess maybe I am biased now after sailing on Celebrity's Constellation, but the food on this ship left much to be desired. We were married February 14, 2006 in Aruba and it was so romantic. I would recommend getting married aboard ship to anyone thinking of this route. I, however, would not go through royal romance (RC's wedding people). They were absolutely horrible and extremely unfriendly. We actually booked a "cocktail party" through our group coordinator and used those room reservations as our wedding venues. Otherwise they specified the time, place and if so chose, could cancel it at anytime. On top of these demands, the price was way above any reasonable cost for the little service they would render-so the group reservation is the way to go. On to the cruise itself, Aruba was nice but honestly my least favorite stop on this itinerary. We walked downtown for some shopping then took a cab to eagle beach. Yes this beach was beautiful, but extremely boring as there was not much to do on it other than lay in the sun or attempt to enter the cold water. (it also happened to pour for about 20 minutes so after we were soaked, we had had enough) Curacao I was expecting not to like, but it was a very cute town (both sides of the river) and it was great that the ferry was free to cross the river. After some jewelry shopping and alcohol pickups, we took a cab to Playa Porto Mari. The cab drivers will try to convince you to go to kontiki beach because it is closer or they just don't want to drive all the way there. Having been to Kontiki previously on a shore excursion I knew this was not a good idea so we convinced the cab driver to bring us to Playa porto mari for 15$ round trip per person---It is definitely worth it. The beauty (not size though) rivals trunk bay in St. John! There are two snorkeling trails to follow as well as a floating dock, changing rooms, bathrooms, bar and restaurant. This is the beach to go to in Curacao if you cannot make it all the way up to Playa Knepa. St. Maarten was great- Our group of 30 people did the golden eagle island sailaway party before shopping in town--this is a place I would love to go back and spend a week. St. Thomas- Enough has been said about its jewelry shopping, but we got something I didn't expect--We went to a shop called Loose Gems and bought a 12 Karat Blue topaz for under 100 dollars! This is definitely the place to stop for loose gems and the owner is very friendly and educated on all of them. The ship itself was beautiful with a ton to do for all ages. The climbing wall and mini golf course were great for afternoons and a walk through the promenade or a drink in jesters were staples of our activities every evening. The casino was a ton of fun on the 25 cent Party Game slots. THe ice show was fantastic and the shows in the Lyric were just ok. The only major downfall to the cruise was the food-the one night they had prime rib-they made them all well done and dry and the sirloin available every night was similar or chewier. This is enough to push me back to Celebrity or NCL where I can definitely get better food, even if it is at the cost of the extra activities and amenities. I will say this is not a cruise to take for relaxation--We are going to take a real honeymoon to relax on a different line.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean