3. Carnival Fascination
This Fascination cruise was 'second worst' cruise I ever went on. The worst was years ago when Premier Cruise Line was still in operation. First, let me say that I have cruised many times, including Royal Caribbean, NCL, Princess etc. I was using this Carnival Cruise on the Fascination as a "try out" of Carnival. It was a weekend getaway and the cruise rate was cheap (I guess you get what you pay for). Fellow dinner guest commented also that this was worst Carnival Cruise he ever took, and said that their 7-day cruise was much better. I will expedite this review with PROs and CONs: PROs: -Boarding process was fast -Beds were comfortable -Price for cruise - The Broadway style review shows were the best I have seen on any ship, however the various comedians and juggler act were lousy CONs: - The lifeboat drill took over 45 minutes to complete. First they assemble everyone in one of the lounges, then they herd you up on deck to stand near your lifeboat for another 10 minutes. Way too long of a process. - The ship is old and lacks the ambiance and "style" of more modern ships. Interior look's cheesy - Food was lousy, including buffet and main dining room meals - When I ordered a frozen drink, I found out they do not have any drinking straws on board. What's with that???? Drinks were lousy, little alcohol, also very expensive - No trays provided in buffet dining area, and the plates are very small. The food line is not continuous. There are two separate lines, each with different foods. Lines always long. Not much selection -even in main dining rooms, and food looks/tastes like school lunch room food. Pizza sucked and hamburgers dry. No individual packets of mustard/ketchup - you pour from bottles. Buffet area filthy and bus boy personnel are lethargic at best - did not clear our plates even when stacked up on our table and they walked by several times - Main dining rooms have low tin ceilings and sound like a school lunch room. No wine steward, and Wait staff lousy. The Maitre D' never ever came over to our table to say hello during entire cruise, and then expected a tip - fat chance! - The low cost of this cruise attracts many passengers in the lower socioeconomic class - Overall, the ship is dirty - Casino minimums on Craps and BlackJack are too high - $10 - and not too many winners noticed on slots. Gaming personnel lacking experience on Craps table. They performed like amateurs. As I said before, you get what you pay for. However I took a short weekend cruise on Royal Caribbean to Mexico from L.A., and the quality and service matched any 7-day cruise I have taken. (This) Carnival Cruise is not worth the time or money.

Carnival Fascination - Bahamas

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Bill

• Sail Date: February 2006
  • Destination: Bahamas
I will expedite this review with PROs and CONs:
PROs: -Boarding process was fast
-Beds were comfortable
-Price for cruise
- Overall, the ship is dirty
Bill’s Full Rating Summary