3. Celebrity Infinity
Alaska ItineraryThis was our first cruise on Celebrity, and what a way to go but on a Millennium class ship. I now know why the Infinity is #1 by so many magazines. A MAGNIFICANT SHIP! All crew, servers, cabin attendants... were friendly and attentive. The food was excellent. We even went and dined at the S.S. United States restaurant, on one of the formal nights, and was very impressed. I would recommend anyone to spend the extra, and dine there. The steak Diane was to die for! The cheese course was great, and they had the sharp cheeses I liked. The main dining room also had excellent choices, as did all the eating areas. I just wish I had explored further in the ship earlier on. When I finally did for breakfast, I found that there was made to order omelets. Next time, I'll know! The sushi nights were GREAT! In fact, I think I gained 10 pounds! We stayed on deck 6 (penthouse) with a veranda. Excellent cabin. I will never cruise again, unless in a room with a veranda or balcony. No more inside staterooms for us! The scenery was gorgeous. Never realized that the SE Alaska area was a rain forest. Beautiful mountains, waterfalls, trees everywhere, and cruising the passage was like sailing on glass! It may also had part to having a 91,000 ton vessel cutting the way! We had signed up for the Cruise Critic Party. However, either we didn't notice the announcement, or never got one on the date and time. We went to Customer Relations, and they told us, that we had missed it. They took down our name and cabin number, and a guest relations person in charge of these parties called. She apologized. I told her that I wasn't very upset at all, just wondering why we didn't hear about it. She stated that there must have been a communication problem, or people just forgot, cause out of the 25 people the signed up, ONLY 6 SHOWED UP! That's poor showing! Anyway, after numerous apologies, we ended our conversation. The next day, after returning to the ship, there was a fruit basket and a bottle of champagne to our surprise! WAY TO GO CELEBRITY! But, they didn't need to do this. I called her and expressed my gratitude, told her that it wasn't necessary, and she stated that she was sorry that we missed the [party], and that she hopes the rest of the cruise would be better. HECK, IT WASN'T BAD IN THE FIRST PLACE! The ports of call and the outings were great! I'm glad I had my new digital camera, so I didn't have to worry about film, and could take plenty of pictures of the entire voyage. I could ramble on for a long time! The wife and I are still SMILING about this cruise! Would we do it again? YES! Celebrity is the line for us, and we plan to use the Millennium class ships when ever possible. KUDOS TO CELEBRITY AND THE STAFF OF THE INFINITY! dschneider@gssolutions.comJuly 2003

Infinity

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by schneidrd

• Sail Date: December 1899
  • Destination:
Millennium class ship. I now know why the Infinity is #1 by so many
magazines. A MAGNIFICANT SHIP! All crew, servers, cabin attendants...
were friendly and attentive.

The food was excellent. We even went and dined at the S.S. United
States restaurant, on one of the formal nights, and was very impressed.
I would recommend anyone to spend the extra, and dine there. The steak
Diane was to die for! The cheese course was great, and they had the
sharp cheeses I liked.

The main dining room also had excellent choices, as did all the eating
areas. I just wish I had explored further in the ship earlier on. When
I finally did for breakfast, I found that there was made to order
omelets. Next time, I'll know! The sushi nights were GREAT! In fact,
I think I gained 10 pounds!

We stayed on deck 6 (penthouse) with a veranda. Excellent cabin. I
will never cruise again, unless in a room with a veranda or balcony. No
more inside staterooms for us!

The scenery was gorgeous. Never realized that the SE Alaska area was a
rain forest. Beautiful mountains, waterfalls, trees everywhere, and
cruising the passage was like sailing on glass! It may also had part to
having a 91,000 ton vessel cutting the way!

We had signed up for the Cruise Critic Party. However, either we didn't
notice the announcement, or never got one on the date and time. We went
to Customer Relations, and they told us, that we had missed it. They
took down our name and cabin number, and a guest relations person in
charge of these parties called. She apologized. I told her that I
wasn't very upset at all, just wondering why we didn't hear about it.
She stated that there must have been a communication problem, or people
just forgot, cause out of the 25 people the signed up, ONLY 6 SHOWED UP!
That's poor showing! Anyway, after numerous apologies, we ended our
conversation. The next day, after returning to the ship, there was a
fruit basket and a bottle of champagne to our surprise! WAY TO GO
CELEBRITY! But, they didn't need to do this. I called her and
expressed my gratitude, told her that it wasn't necessary, and she
stated that she was sorry that we missed the [party], and that she hopes
the rest of the cruise would be better. HECK, IT WASN'T BAD IN THE
FIRST PLACE!

The ports of call and the outings were great!

I'm glad I had my new digital camera, so I didn't have to worry about
film, and could take plenty of pictures of the entire voyage.

I could ramble on for a long time! The wife and I are still SMILING
about this cruise!

Would we do it again? YES! Celebrity is the line for us, and we plan
to use the Millennium class ships when ever possible.

KUDOS TO CELEBRITY AND THE STAFF OF THE INFINITY!
dschneider@gssolutions.comJuly 2003