3. Radiance of the Seas
I took the 12/4-12/11 Easter Caribbean cruise with my husband, mother, and mother-in-law. Overall we had an excellent time and would wholeheartedly recommend this ship and itinerary to anyone. A few specifics below: Ship The Radiance is a clean and beautiful ship. I did notice some wear and tear on the carpets and furniture in the Windjammer area, but other than that everything was top-notch. The Solarium was really beautiful, as was the Cascades dining room. Our first night we were seated at a small table for 4, and with three of us being extremely tall it was rather uncomfortable. We mentioned this to the waiter on the 2nd night, and by the 3rd night we were seated at the captains table in the center of the dining room with a fabulous view of the waterfall. The outdoor pool was a little small in my opinion, without a lot of room for deck chairs in the sun. Overall the service was excellent, although we were supposed to get a ship-board credit and it took several days for this to happen. Cabin My husband and I had an oceanview cabin on Deck 4, while the Moms enjoyed a balcony cabin on deck 8. I thought being on Deck 4 was perfect because we were close to the dining room, and auditorium, so at the end of the evening we didnt have to walk far to get back to our cabin. For the few hundred dollars more I highly recommend the balcony, however the oceanview was nice as well. It was larger than we had anticipated, with tons of closet space. Food The food was excellent in the dining room every night. My mother and I are Indian, and the head waiter had lamb curry and chicken curry made especially for us one evening. That was a nice touch. We tried a lot of the sugar-free desserts and they were excellent. Windjammer food was good as well, with lots of nice choices for hot entrees. For breakfast I typically had cereal and fruit, however the omelettes were nice. There was usually a long wait, though, and for some reason there were a number of rude complainers on this cruise. I tried my best to ignore them. Shipshape Center I thought this deserved a separate caption because the gym was fantastic! My husband and I worked out every day, and there is nothing better than being able to look out onto the water or at a beautiful island while you are working out. I did the spinning class 3 times, and it was a great workout. Entertainment Absolutely the worst singers and dancers I have ever witnessed. The Piano Man show was laugh out loud funny in some spots, because it was so horrible, not because it was supposed to be funny. At one point my mother in law and I were crying we were laughing so hard. These singers and dancers were really trying, but the shows were just horrible. The comedian on the first night was really funny, and they had him come back to do an adult encore. Both times he was hilarious. The casino was nice; we won some money in the slots. The movie theatre looked nice too, although I did not watch any movies. Cruise director reminded me of Ryan Seacrest. Ports Coco Cay was a fabulous place to spend an afternoon. It was just what we needed on the first day to get into the swing of being on vacation. ST. Thomas was just like all the other islands, with shopping and beaches. We took a cab to the main shopping area, browsed for a bit, and had another cabbie take us around the island for $25pp. He then took us to a beach (I believe it was at the Marriott resort) which was absolutely beautiful and not too busy. He came back after a few hours and we went back to the ship. A perfect day. It rained when were in St. Martin, but not until after we got to Dawn Beach via taxi. We had some beers at a beachside bar, and then went back to the ship. Overall, the Radiance is a fantastic ship, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Radiance of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Ramita

Ship
Food
Shipshape Center
Ports
Overall, the Radiance is a fantastic ship, and I would recommend it to anyone!
Ramita’s Full Rating Summary