3. Radiance of the Seas
My wife and I found the Radiance of the Seas to be a NICE ship ...but NOT as nice as others. While certainly not shabby, it lacked brilliance and sparkle, which IS there on Carnival ships. It is nice in the way an older hotel is nice. Subdued browns and tans. More tailored to the quiet, 60-70's age group ...not us, the wild and EXCITING 50s age group. (? ! ? ! ) FOOD: BLAH !!! Un-exciting. If you have stomach problems and cannot digest spicy, and seasoned food ....THIS IS YOUR SHIP !! In 7 days, leg of lamb showed up 3 times, RUBBER LOBSTER TAIL had one appearance. STEAK-SURPRISE, smothered with a whole lot of something-sauce happened twice. I did not have even one meal that I would say was REALLY good. They were all somewhere between Mildly Interesting and Not Bad! I will say that my Carnival food experiences were ALL very memorable. YEP ....every one !! And I a working class kinda guy that eats most of my meals in a hurry, so it's not like I am spoiled by a personal chef. Their food presentation was pretty good. CABIN ATTENDANT: Great ROOMS: small CASINO: If you are a blackjack gambler, find another ship! I do not know if this is a coming trend, and I hope not, but RCL does this..... * Split aces ...one card and NO double-down. * Split anything else ...no double-down. * BlackJack ..pays 6-5. These rules severely hurt the guest and drastically limit his/her ability to achieve the larger payoffs needed to survive a bad run of the cards. Very small table games area. Only ONE craps table, 2-3 regular Blackjack tables. One single-deck Blackjack table. I saw VERY little action in the casino, compared to other cruises. Not certain why, other than these types of rules. No real yelling and screaming going on here. It was kinda like being in the dining room ...rather quiet and un-memorable except for the losses. SHOPPING: My wife said the shopping was weak at best. I guess that must be true since she didn't buy much. She also said it was TOO expensive ... which surprises me, since I didn't know she paid attention to this concept. HMM-m-m ALL IN ALL ... I would ONLY go on RCL again if I won a trip, or if the deal was REALLY, REALLY cheap. I do plan to go on another trip soon back to Cozumel area, but I will most likely choose Carnival. I had ALL good experiences there ...AND ..their prices were much better!!

Radiance of the Seas - Western Caribbean