3. Adventure of the Seas
Hello - we were first time cruisers on our honeymoon. We were married in Puerto Rico so getting there was relatively pain free. Based on what I read we planned to arrive a few hours after the scheduled time of 2 and boarded within 20 mins. Quite frankly we were bright eyed so it seemed to go well and we were very happy with our suite. We set out on tour, grabbed a bite to eat in Windjammer and headed back to the room which is when the week of busy wedding activity finally hit us. We were beat. We went through the emergency drill on because it was mandatory and settled in for a quite evening. Well about 9:30 pm we were awakened by the cabin attendant who was very nice but insisted on giving us the welcoming speech. It seemed clear to us that one we were sleep (the lights were off) but she pushed her way in and turned on the lights. It was a bit odd and gave us a good laugh but a bit rude. Overall I thought the cruise was great and look forward to doing it again really soon. Some highlights the murder mystery dinner theater at Portofino's the play was cheesy but great fun and the food was outstanding. The musical reviews were entertaining for me but I like that kinda of thing but even I noticed it seemed a bit amateur. The food was great and we like Johnny Rockets (we have them local) but each time we were charged differently one time we paid a cover and then another no cover it was weird. We reserve our contempt for the spa. I can say without reservation I am a spa expert having visited luxury spas across the world and this place just did not cut it. One the service providers were not good. I received a manicure pedicure and this amounted to little more than a polish change I was really disappointed. We scheduled a couple's massage for later in the week. It was okay. not bad not grate if it were on land I wouldn't go back. The follow up consultation after the massage was ridiculous. The sum total of recommendations for avoiding the tight shoulder and back problems - drink more water and buy these ridiculous priced products because they can cure anything. my husband (a spa newbie bought them and I returned them later (which took almost 15 mins and conversations with no less than 3 people on the spa staff). Also I noticed during that 15 mins wait that they offer the same services at different price levels. A 50 min couples massage was $266 while a 50 min. mother/daughter or father/son massage was $198. That was annoying As to the number of comments about the puerto rican passengers....after reading the boards I was on the lookout for the behavior people described and I didn't see it ...this does not mean I didn't run into rude people they just weren't all Puerto Rican. Rude people are everywhere ...and as to the supposed discount I don't think the large number of Puerto Ricans has to do with a discount call me crazy it might be because the ship leaves from Puerto Rico. I think it you have a cruise where a large portion of your passengers speak Spanish it makes sense to have everything in Spanish and English (English was always first). anyone who has a problem with that has a problem and should maybe consider limiting travel to mainland US.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean