3. Adventure of the Seas
Highlights along with good & bad: Beware of the Port of San Juan - very disorganized. There are two lines - one to drop off your luggage to porters who stand at the end of the line. There is no one to help you with your luggage. And then the second line is the one you stand in to board the ship. No one tells you anything and it is more that you figure it out for yourself. The ship itself is beautiful, large and expansive. You won't be disappointed. All the staff are friendly and very helpful. We did an excursion at each port of call. But November is the rainy season and it rained most every day on our cruise. At Aruba we did DePalm Island excursion, it is not at all organized and there was some confusion. Overall it was nice to snorkel and lay on the beach for half the day even if it was overcast. At Curacao - our snorkel trip was canceled - bad weather. However, it cleared up after 1 or so and we went into town. I am not sure why we bothered. I could have done without it. It is nothing to speak of. At St. Marten we did an excursion that took us to the French side - Pinel Island. It was beautiful and the snorkel trip was awesome and organized. Our guide on the trip was most informative and the guys who do the snorkel are certified divers and make sure everyone is comfortable and safe. I would recommend this one. At St. Thomas we took a ferry to St. John and did Trunk Bay. Absolutely, hands down THE MOST BEAUTIFUL island I have ever visited. St. Thomas itself the town is disgusting and had high prices. The best shopping along with best prices was St Marten. Don't save your money - buy what you see when you see it. Alcohol and Cigarettes were least expensive in St. Maarten. As far as food is concerned, it was mass produced and that is what you can expect in the dining room. Some nights were better than others. Our waiter was very nice and our table was next to the Captains' table so it was a good location. The major complaint is that if you had late seating for dinner you had to go to the show before dinner at 7 pm and then eat at 8:30. This was really awful and I would not do this again. The other thing that was spectacular on this ship was Portofino's. It was so delicious. For only $20.00 we had a fantastic meal. Everything is prepared just for you. Our food was HOT when we ate it. My husband had the best filet mignon he has had in years. So make your reservations and keep them - if you don't go they charge you. Overall, except for departing out of San Juan - I would do this exact same cruise again and do different excursions at each port, it is such an awesome ship. I do want to mention - Johnny Rockets - it was great food. We used almost all the coupons in our Crown and Anchor book. It was most useful. Although, I wouldn't bother with Spa Services the next time around. I think that those who work on you might be right out of school. At least I think the guy who did mine was. The other ladies looked like they had been there a while.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean