3. Splendour of the Seas
I am an experienced cruiser, 30+ cruises. I have traveled on Carnival, Norwegian, Cunard, Disney and Celebrity. This is my first time on Royal Caribbean, and most likely my last (unless they give it to me free). The excursions were great, and the people on the ship were very nice. However, the food was absolutely the worst. I couldn't believe how bad is was. Do not ask for a cheeseburger, because they will give you a dried up hamburger (I have no idea where this is even cooked) and they have it on a stale bun and to top this off, they hand you a slice of fake cheese. What is this? This is a cheeseburger? Oh by the way don't look for something free to drink, that is on the other side of the ship. I am glad we were not on the ship long. Room services takes over 45 min. to come. And when you come back from your excursions (some excursion are 9+ hours) don't look for something to eat other than the 45 min room services or the old hamburger. This line needs to go on some other cruise lines and see what they are missing. People think Carnival is for young only, well let me tell you, I rather see someone smile and laugh then play name that tune (songs were during WWII time) and most of the people there were alive also during that time. If you are looking to go to Europe DO NOT take this line. I noticed Carnival and Norwegian both go to Europe. I do plan on going back, Europe was awesome and everyone should go. Oh, this one is a shocker, never have I had to be out of my room before 7:00 am on the day of departure. I came back at 6:30 after breakfast and the beds were separated, and my carry on was put on the floor. Beware, unless you don't care or are an old 60+ (young at heart does not apply) then maybe you can waste your money on this line. But for me, the experienced cruiser, never again on Royal Caribbean. I am going on the Carnival Valor in 3 weeks and the Norwegian Spirit in a few months........I am looking forward to this. I hope this helps some, I know I don't believe all that I read, but I hope someone does take all of this into consideration. Thanks

Splendour of the Seas - Western Mediterranean