3. Adventure of the Seas
We had a rocky start in San Juan. Dock workers strike, and parade for fighter upon arrival. After 6 hours in the airport we finally got to the ship. Check-in was a breeze. However US Airways had lost a bag. The one with the bathing suits of course. We tried to go to first seating dinner at 7:30, and were advised that we were too late. Imagine our surprise after spending 6 hours trapped in the airport. We had to have our first dinner in the Windjammer. Upon arriving at our room we found all of our luggage had arrived. Very nice accommodations. 8th deck w/deck. very convenient to all activities. Oh well time for bed. Day two at sea awesome weather. relaxed. received little goody try from captain to apologize for delay at airport. First seating at dinner very good meal. But iced tea was STRONG. Nice surprise in theatre, Mickey Dolenz from the Monkees and his sister. WOW Day three Aruba. Wife and I went bottom fishing what a neat experience. They fed us what we caught, as well as fillet. Day four Curacao swam w/the dolphins at the aquarium. This was the highlight of our trip. Day five at sea, massage (Oh boy) very relaxing. But would have liked a couples message with my wife, as we were celebrating our 26th anniversary. Iced tea still undrinkable. This was definitely a problem, as I am diabetic, and my selections are limited. Day six St. Maarten. We took water taxi and went to beach close to ship. Then lunch on ship, an SHOPPING for jewelry. Dinner in Portofino AWESOME. Well worth the $$$$$. Iced tea out of a can. Imagine that LOL. Last day St Thomas. Megans Bay (by taxi) nice day. Spent time with dinner companions. Disembarkation was simple. But wait in airport was boring, boring, boring. Around 5 hours again. Oh well i guess u cannot walk home from San Juan.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean