3. Splendour of the Seas
I was looking forward to this cruise. This is my 30+ cruise and first time on Royal Caribbean, and most likely my last. All I can say is I was thrilled with my excursions and I did book them through the line and yes it was expensive but I didn't care about the cost. The ship was nice even though it was older than most. However, the food was terrible, I mean the breakfasts were just down right bad. There is no food available when you come back to the ship from your excursion unless you go upstairs and get some more bad food. I asked for a cheeseburger and they gave me a hamburger, with what looked like lettuce and tomato on a hard stale bun. oh and they hand you the cheese its not even on the burger. It tasted so bad, the hot dogs were not cooked and the pizza has seen better days in a box. I have been on Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian, Cunard, and Disney and never have I tasted food like this. on Royal Caribbean..either the food was well done, no flavor, or just bad. The people on the ship were pleasant. The coffee was water down and no flavor, but you could get good coffee if you wanted to pay for it. And if you want ice cream, yes you have to pay extra for that too. I was shocked that they nickle and dime you to death.......and make sure you don't laugh.......we went upstairs and one of the rooms stated this was quiet time, no talking from 2-6. I just laughed to see no one there but someone putting ash trays around, and yes, there is a lot of smoking allowed on the ship. One side is for smoking and the other for non, this is in all clubs, bars inside and outside. I feel bad for the people who never went on a cruse before. I just came back from a cruise on the Carnival Valor, nice cruise and I am going on the Norwegian Spirit in three months. Please if you just want to see Europe, and only have a short time you may want to pick another line. I am planning on going back to Europe next year on a cruise but not on this line. Royal Caribbean, you need to spend some time on other lines, you may not be a food ship but you have to have food that people can eat. I lost 8 lbs on this cruise and never have I been so unhappy with a cruise like this one. I need to start my day with a good cup of coffee, but not for $3.00 a cup. Oh and all they have is art auctions, in fact they had 3 or 4 of them. How boring, no fun....if you are old at heart and do not enjoy laughing or just like sitting around on a ship and you don't enjoy good food, then this is your ship. If you want to enjoy every moment go on Carnival, Norwegian, or any other line.......this is below my standards, and hey what do I know, I have only been going on cruises since 1985 and this has been my worst....... Oh yea, I don't want to forget the last day, you must be out of your room by 7:00 am as they are starting to clean the rooms for the next group. I was out at 6:30 and when we returned the beds we apart and my items where pushed aside. Warning: Keep away.......

Splendour of the Seas - Eastern Mediterranean